Strangest House Pets...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
What's the strangest house pets you've run into? Just finished a job for an apartment dweller which had a strange smell in the apt. Opened the one closet, and she had 8 ferrets in cages.

Hence, the smell.

Also had a custy years ago that kept boas in cages. I think the longest was 12 foot. I believe he also had a "Kimoto" dragon lizzard?? Also, a custy (a DR.) that had a couple of "African Cats" in the house. They pissed all over.

(I know I'm gonna hear it about the "African Cats".....they were the 4 legged kind)

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
We got a feret at our house!
They are pretty cool and fine if you keep them cagged and give them slight play time. If you leave them out all the time then they will piss and poop all over.

I had a photography studio last week had two big as guinea pigs i think

I had one lady had like 8 talking birds!! Kinda cool!!

Be like the dude off Grandma's boy and get a lion! Hahaha!!!

On a farm one I think they said the pig ran through the living room!..

We got all kinds of shit in Iowa at the farm houses!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I've seen a few ferrets.
Had one customer that was a taxidermist. He had a pet Quail that had free run of the house. Quail crap everywhere.

Name
I'm Rick James
I pigen. They had it in a 2 bedroom apt. Gross as hell, bird hair and poo everywhere.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I knew a guy with a 16 ft Python that he kept for a pet... He ended up having to kill it as it tried to eat him. Anothe guy I knew had 4 English Mastifs & 4 Pit Bull-Rottwieler mix pups... 3 years later he was eaten by them.

I had a cat... It had kittens and the lot of them all went to a shelter...

gavin

I had a turtle in my phone book ad, and then I had like 3 jobs in a month that had pet turtles, they called because of the turtle in my ad. my next ad will have a child or a dog..... a few more people have one of them laying around.

http://www.carpetcleaningbellingham.com

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Bobcat! owner said don't mind the cat you can pet him if you like about the size of a pit bull but his paws where huge!

-JB-

Name
JB
Years ago, some kinda spider monkey, it was MEAN! You got withing four feet of the cage and the thing would start grabbing for you, oh, she had a "hedgehog" too, whatever that is.

Have one lady with pet ferrets that she lets have the run of the house, and another with a "hairless" rat, same deal, little tiny pee stains here and there, in fairness the ferret & rat lady are two of the cleaner "pet people" I've ever cleaned for, the "monkey lady" not so much.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had a lady that had a full size pig that lived in her house. It slept in her bed.

A lady That had her miniature horse living in the house.(Not house broken)

The usuall ferrets that go to the bathroom all over the house.

Birds that are not caged and cr@p everywhere and perch on the drapes.

I cleaned in a room with a portable that had 14 cats in it at the time.It had grass mat wallpaper and they climbed the walls when I turned on the machine.What a nightmare!!

Not intentionally living in a house:

2 large birds that got in a chimney while a family was at Disneyland over a Christmas holiday. The birds ate a large gingerbread house and cr@pped it throughout the furniture , Drapes and carpet. Wasn't fun for the family that came back burned from the vacation and saw such a mess.

Also, a goose that flew down a chimney that scared the cr@p out of the homeowner when he opend the door to his bedroom and was met with the goose.

(A post record for me for the over use of the word cr@p)

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I did, at one time 15 years ago, have 7 rabbits in the house (my Daughters), all caged seperately. Somehow they kept showing up at my house in cages left on the door step!

One of the rabbits was a wild rabbit that my Daughter rescued from under the deck. It lived with us for 2 years, ran free in the house during the day, and was caged trained. It always used the litter box. It would not let anyone touch it, though. I set it free after 2 years.....it took off like a bullet!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Iguana along with some of the above noted reptiles and amphibians.
A neat one was an eye surgeon from the Caribbean that had a huge salt water tank with live coral and anemone.

Back
Top Bottom