Stryker Wand - Total Lemon

Walt

I purchased for 895.00 a Stryker wand about two weeks ago at CRS in Portland Oregon. Since I have joint damage in my right hand the no trigger thing really appeals to me.

It lasted about two days before half the jets clogged. An entire third of it doesn't work. After running through the flushing process with the tech support a few times - they called it quits and told me that there was probably a problem in the manufacture of the manifold. They said they'd call me back with a plan.

I'm still waiting... No calls yet and it's been a week. What's the plan?

I'd use it as a boat anchor but it's made of plastic and would likely float.

Mikey P

Administrator
Turns out the flux used in the joining process of the manifold is causing corrosion inside right from the get go.

Did I or did I not tell you to hold off on that wand?

A teflon blend glide and new manifold design is being tested now.
I'm sure you be hearing from a Sapphire representative real soon about your refund or swap.

Walt

Mikey P said:
Turns out the flux used in the joining process of the manifold is causing corrosion inside right from the get go.

Did I or did I not tell you to hold off on that wand?

A teflon blend glide and new manifold design is being tested now.
I'm sure you be hearing from a Sapphire representative real soon about your refund or swap.

Yes you did. Since they shipped it, I thought they had fixed the problems. Anyway, I'm not worried about the money - I know I'll get it back.

Actually, I'm glad to see that they don't think that it's a completed product.

tim

I think the concept is good and may wind up being a good wand. I tested it in Vegas and on some carpet types, it was hard to push and distorted fibers big time :shock: I walked away and looked at the Bentley or another Greenhorn

LeeCory

Since they are selling prototypes I am sure they will send you the next several versions until they make a quality product. By then it will have a teflon glide and a stainless or titanium head among other improvements that should be "included" in a wand of that price.

You would think it would be less expensive for them to wait until they built it with solid materials and run it through tests.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'd tell them I ain't yor R&D so befo you send it out to market get dem bugs out!

Just remember in the future if it's made out of PLASTIC...............it's a POS.

Walt

Jim Martin said:
I'm still waiting... No calls yet and it's been a week. What's the plan?

sounds to me like the plan is to wait you out...........

Actually... I've received two emails from Sapphire since I made the initial post. They state that the problems will be fixed soon and that there will be a replacement wand. I've never been worried about my money on the wand. The local supply place has always been great about returns, even on expensive items. No restocking fee.

I like the concept of the wand. I just wanted to know "when?"

After the clogging issue, the only problem I can see is the glide. I think it might be the culprit on the pile distortion. It grabs the carpet to aggressively. I'd recommend a hybrid or hole design on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom