stuck heat control lever

wilpath

I run a prochem Everest, great great machine, but the lever that controls the heat is pretty much stuck in heat mode, which is great, but there are times when I am cleaning upholstery or doing water extraction ,I will like to bypass the blower heat, can you help?

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
The pin fell out of the slider that slides in heat bypass plate back and forth, easy fix. From the right side stick your hand in there and you will see and feel what's happening.. The part 1s 1/4 " x1.00 pin clevis. Local hardware should carry it. And get a new cotter ring too 1/4"

FredC

Village Idiot
take it off get it unstuck and put it back...replace parts as needed

no title.jpg

Edit: what Vincent said

wilpath

thanks for the info guys, I took the cover off so I can see exactly whats going on ,, it is attached all the way to the heat exchanger,,, seems to be stuck in the heat exchanger compartment

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I don't think that is the correct posted lever diagram of wich you are having trouble with.

Are you talking about the large diverter lever on the lower front of the unit?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
so is the lever stuck or does the lever not do anything when you move it back and forth?

Different scenarios.

I am thinking you diverter assembly just need to be serviced and cleaned up. Once cleaned up should move freely.

I will say I have not serviced an Everest before just adding my 2 cents.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The manual says to clean the diverter door guides inside the heat exchanger every 500 hours. If you haven't been doing so it sounds to me like the guides are crudded up and the door can't move. Looks like a trip inside the HX is in order.....

everest.jpg

Reactions: Mark Saiger

wilpath

you were right, the door guides were cruded up ,sprayed some pb blaster and then worked it back and forth or a while, then pb dry lube and smooth as butter,, , thanks guys, really apreciate you help,,, not a need a new filter ,, ,have the external filter but stuff still gets though,, whats the best out there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom