Stuck pressure gauge

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So it has been freezing here the last week. Today I go out to fire up the kohler and I notice that the pressure gauge is stuck on 500psi. I just got this gauge from Cobbs a few months ago. It was not under pressure. I disconnect the lg heater lines every night and drain the heater. It is a liquid filled gauge. What happened ??

Thank You

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Larry is it under warranty. I guess I will take mine off my dead pto. 1000psi is 500psi now.

steve_64

set it and forget it.

oh yeah you guys adjust for different jobs. all my gages have frozen and stopped working. i wont replace them again until i get heated storage.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So it went back down to 0 at the end of the day. Came out this morning and it was stuck at a 1000psi. Vac gauge wasn't working right after last night too. Wrapped the machine with moving blankets tonight. My prochem gauges never had a problem with the cold.

Becker

Name
Becker
Blankets will help retain heat after use and protect from freezing. But the machine is not an animal. So. I hope you are using an electric heater to generate heat.

Gauge is shot. That's what a pressure gauge will do if they freeze.
Good chocie it could start leaking. Or might work for months with no issue. I had one freeze. Held at 200. Gauge still worked. It was just 200 off. Lasted till I was tired of not being proper.

But I had another freeze and 2 days later blow the plastic off face off and leak.

So. If you are gonna risk it. Have a brass cap handy to finish a job if the gauge leaks.
Either a cap at the pump. Or at the end of the line going from the pump to the gauge.

Lowes Home Depot or hardware store will have them. Not a bad idea to keep on the van all the tine anyways.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
if it were easy.....
every yaHOO in the country would be a carpet cleaner........look at the money that can be made!
cold weather is jus a way to thin the herd..........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
if it were easy.....
every yaHOO in the country would be a carpet cleaner........look at the money that can be made!
cold weather is jus a way to thin the herd..........

So, true! 10 or more companies start every year and the same amount fold up in the winter. It used to be worse when your phone was tied to your expensive YP bill. No phone , No jobs. No company. Glad those days are long gone.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
So, true! 10 or more companies start every year and the same amount fold up in the winter. It used to be worse when your phone was tied to your expensive YP bill. No phone , No jobs. No company. Glad those days are long gone.

very few people knew this...but if you paid yor basic phone bill....they COULD NOT shut yor phone off for non-payment of yellow page charges...
TRUE!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
very few people knew this...but if you paid yor basic phone bill....they COULD NOT shut yor phone off for non-payment of yellow page charges...
TRUE!

That memo didn't get to the phone company here. Coming up with that $1000 bucks a month in the dead of winter for 20 years wasn't fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom