Stung in the throat for my fresh water tank.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Today I was going to clean and organize my garage.....again. Well, that didn’t sound very fun so I decided to install a 65 gallon fresh water tank in my van that I’ve had sitting around for about 15 years.

This fresh water tank is a little more work than I thought. Having to go back and forth to Ace hardware many times for fittings. When coming home on my motorcycle with a backpack full of parts a bee 🐝 smacked my neck and stung me right on my adams apple. It hurt like a bitch. The entire way home I thought my throat was going to swell shut and I would die. My family would be told I died in a motorcycle crash, never knowing the truth that a bee had stung me in the throat and my airway swelled shut, causing me to pass out and slam into a power pole. All the people that told me Motorcycles were dangerous would come to my funeral, look into my open casket, and say, “I told you so”. They would never know the truth of the painful bee sting and how I died gasping for my last breath as I tried to get home to my wife and kids, oh, and my dog.

Anyway, I’ve still got a little more plumbing to do but it’s coming together nicely. My roomy promaster is quickly becoming packed again.

7091B08E-03BB-4749-B0E3-BC713E3D828F.jpeg3DF4C1C6-C317-4402-A456-7895CB167545.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Wand Slinger

Name
Christopher Paulhamus
Good job! Congratulations on not dying.
What did you do for water before the tank install? I have 100 gallon fresh tank in my Chevy 3500.
You can install a Hudson valve on the top as a auto fill and keep from overflowing it into your van.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Good job! Congratulations on not dying.
What did you do for water before the tank install? I have 100 gallon fresh tank in my Chevy 3500.
You can install a Hudson valve on the top as a auto fill and keep from overflowing it into your van.
I have a live reel that I attach to the house water. I don’t run into not having water hook up often. But sometimes i do apartments where water hookups are a PIA to find. Anything I can do, any tool I can buy to increase efficiency, I’ll do.

Wand Slinger

Name
Christopher Paulhamus
Screenshot_20180917-000616.pngWell it's obvious that the bee was initiating you into the club. You do drive a Dodge Promaster. This could go on the Promaster and your bike, lol.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got my tank in. Its plumbed abd wired up. All is working great. Do you like my Oaklahoma plumbing job? I alos put in a bypass also to keep the pump from overheating. I’ll be adding some clamps and making things a little neater later. But its working and thats all I really care about.
A376B083-5485-4F4E-BA02-F34741599F4C.jpeg
93F18E20-4ABD-4482-9B28-196A9F0BDC6C.jpeg

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
nice dog.

do you know what swivel you have on your live reel? does it hold up to the heat of the 870 pretty well? I keep blowing out swivels from the water temps

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
nice dog.

do you know what swivel you have on your live reel? does it hold up to the heat of the 870 pretty well? I keep blowing out swivels from the water temps
I use the stainless Super Swivels. I change them about every 9 months. They work pretty good but after about 9 months they get that slow drip. Thats when I change them out.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I used a 55 gallon for most of my career. It was really to small.
I’m using 100 gallon tanks now. They’re just right.
As I sit here on the side of the road I’m already calculating how to install a bigger tank. I have a 125 gallon (I think) wheel well tank in my backyard but I don’t think i can fit it in my promaster.

EA59531F-38A2-4E3D-8D98-B5567B709CD1.jpeg

J

JS41035

You need a check valve. The hot water from the water box will backfeed and nuke your transfer pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom