Stupid question about solution hose....

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Mine is always twisted up around everything. I notice in videos that everyone else has theirs laying flat when working. My are usually all screwed up.

What am I doing wrong?

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
At the end of the hose, just behind the quick disconnect, you should have a swivel connection. Sounds like you don't have one at the end of your hose. The store you bought that from, should be able to replace the end of the hose with a swiveling connection. Otherwise, a hydraulic repair shop can do that for you as well. That will clear up your problem. Been there...

Reactions: Jeremy N

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeremy;

It sounds like you have thermoplastic solution hose.

Some of that type is quite springy.

What brand do you have ??

The good news is that is will get better as you put more time on it,

will not experience the "black death" failure,

and that it retains heat better than the more pliable wire-braid rubber hose.

Larry

Reactions: Jeremy N
Name
Nate W.
Greenie sold me a zillion feet of it a long time ago.

How long have you been using it for? Is it just on the newish hoses? Do you hand coil it or use a solution reel? I use the over under technique when hand coiling hoses and extension cords...

A lot of people complain about the Parker Paraflex hose, I noticed Demien(?) hand coiled his in his van at MF... They SS were using his CDS 4.8 to clean the tile...His laid fine...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I have cleaned maybe 15-20 times with it over the last 4 years or so. I use a solution reel.

Name
Nate W.
I have cleaned maybe 15-20 times with it over the last 4 years or so. I use a solution reel.

No pic? They say solution reels don't work too well for the paraflex hoses... Maybe clean more with it, or hand coil it..... Is my suggestion.... Is it just your solution line getting tangled or all your hoses?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Mostly with my solution line.

Most here know that I do mostly restoration. I'm attempting to add carpet cleaning to my toolbag in a more serious way this year.

First I need to learn to not suck at it first.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
J

JS41035

I like raptor blast. 100 ft on a orange hand held hose reel. Carry it in the house and reel back to the truck.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You might have the wrong hose... Are you left handed or right handed? :dejection:

Awe Hell Nate, that aint even right man, lol

I guess next your gonna explain how to properly stretch one?

: )

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I like raptor blast. 100 ft on a orange hand held hose reel. Carry it in the house and reel back to the truck.

Pictures ?
Worth 1000 words : )

I'd like to see this set up as I use the jerk n run method off the reel.

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

J

JS41035

babajeta.jpg

100' on a hose reel. Go to the farthest point and reel back. I still have a live reel. But this is nice because you don't have to drag hoses in. Just use the live reel when I'm a few feet short.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Usually have 3 100' reels like that on the truck.

Water feed hoses are similar, 50' sections of 3/8" air hose with garden hose and related quick couplers on same size cord reel.

From sunny Nicaragua,
Lee

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Usually have 3 100' reels like that on the truck.

Water feed hoses are similar, 50' sections of 3/8" air hose with garden hose and related quick couplers on same size cord reel.

From sunny Nicaragua,
Lee

Nicaragua ? Grab a Gold Pan Buddy!

That is a splendid set up, especially since I deal with a few places that are infested wit the Dawg Poo! Also on the H2O supply line. Handy stuff : )

Thank Ya Sir, Enjoy The Trip!
Chris

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
QUOTE=Justin Stockwell;4276703]
babajeta.jpg

100' on a hose reel. Go to the farthest point and reel back. I still have a live reel. But this is nice because you don't have to drag hoses in. Just use the live reel when I'm a few feet short.

....[/QUOTE]

Justin, you have a link or place to buy those?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Mostly with my solution line.

Most here know that I do mostly restoration. I'm attempting to add carpet cleaning to my toolbag in a more serious way this year.

First I need to learn to not suck at it first.

Actually sucking at it is exactly what you need to do.

J

JS41035

Even if you only put 50 on a reel it's still handy.
Yeah there's a black knob. They last about 3 months. I like being able to walk up stairs with 2 reels. 100' of solution. Hydro force and wand in one trip. Plus you always know exactly how much vacuum to bring up next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom