suction or heat

kevinj61

Which do you think is more import when buying a portable "machine A" has 2 3stage vac mtrs 500psi pump and really good internal heater no auto pump out or auto fill and only 9gal recovery tank not good with any more than 25ft of suction hose and 1.5 vac hose connector.. "Machine B" has two 3stage vac motors way better vac mtrs can run 75ft of suction hose no problem 500 psi pump, 15gal recovery and fresh water tank auto dump/pump out and fill but no internal heater 2.0inch vac hose connector, source of hot water would be using hot tap water since no heater-- i would assume machine B would be able to do better job what do you all think

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
kevinj61 said:
Which do you think is more import when buying a portable "machine A" has 2 3stage vac mtrs 500psi pump and really good internal heater no auto pump out or auto fill and only 9gal recovery tank not good with any more than 25ft of suction hose and 1.5 vac hose connector.. "Machine B" has two 3stage vac motors way better vac mtrs can run 75ft of suction hose no problem 500 psi pump, 15gal recovery and fresh water tank auto dump/pump out and fill but no internal heater 2.0inch vac hose connector, source of hot water would be using hot tap water since no heater-- i would assume machine B would be able to do better job what do you all think

Forget the heat.
Any porty that has a heater needs to compensate for it somewhere else, and the heat does not keep up with any decent flow rate regardless of what the manufacturer says. The increase CFM, auto pump out/fill is the way to go.
Rely on the right chemicals, dwell time and agitation. If you really want heat do it externally.

Buy an M-5 and be done with it.

Name
R.J. Povio
Heat would be nice if they would be able to keep up with demand as mentioned. If you put cold water (some places have small hot water tanks or little hot water) in a heated porty it will not get the water hot...no way! Vac is important, because you can put down 200-500 psi of water no problem....but getting that water back out is the challenge. I would run 2 inch vac hose on any porty to get better vac. I would also run shorter vac hoses (25-30ft) rather than 50-75 (in my opinion that is too far for any porty to go efficiently). Also the recovery tank should be at least 12-15 gallons otherwise you will be emptying the thing all the time!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Vacuum is the key to production in the field.

A Titan Quad is the leader in portable extractors.
titanvac.jpg

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46398&p=529355&hilit=titan#p529355

Larry

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Choose the unit with the greater vacuum. You can always find another source of heat such as a drop in bucket heater.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always used a #3 little giant on a 2 wheeler for heat

Name
I'm Rick James
Bundy said:
I always used a #3 little giant on a 2 wheeler for heat

Thats funny you mention that.. I am helping some people set up a business and they run with a Mytee Portable. The PSI pump went out on them and they were talking about buying a 3HT LG and using a pressure washing pump and the pump instead of the shuurflo... Not sure if you can hook a LG up to a pressure washer.. can you?

Bjorn

000_0219.jpg

000_0217.jpg

THOR.jpg

two large 7.2 vac motors and a 500 psi pump

motors and pump are very well ventilated which means better performance and last longer stored heat kills motors

no clam shell no clams at all

do you want the best or just a squirt and suck

if all you have is 2 grand to spend please disregard this post

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Brent I think it is 90 gallons an hour for that type of heater at about 200-210. I wound up using the little giant for my old truckmount but when I was done with that I did use it with my pressure washer for a few different things. Just flows through the machine if it drops below it fires the propane but presure was never a problem

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Alexander Supertramp said:
Not sure if you can hook a LG up to a pressure washer.. can you?

Assuming you find the right fittings to go from your PW hose to the LG inlet, why not? Just don't go over the coil psi rating of the LG. They do sell a higher psi version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom