Suggestions for Oil/Grease Clean Up

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I am doing a auto repair shop next week. It is black carpet that is like the runner carpets you used to see when entering a wall mart or a golden corral. Full of oil & grease. I really don't want to this job but I picked up this client's house and they do the repairs on our vehicles with labor through barter trade. Last time I cleaned I used grease earaser with a strong booster and it did ok. He wasn't expecting a miracle. However, this time I thought I would add about 2-3 cups of GoJo and scrub.

And I thought restaurants were bad!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
go to Home Depot and buy some Industrial Purple, Billy.
I think it's $30 bukz a five gal pail
add a quart to your regular pre-spray

It's a strong butyl degreaser

If you want a juice that's labeled for "carpet" firewater, try some Bridgepoint Flex .
It's not as nuclear as it was 10 years ago, but it's still pretty hot.
Mix at 8 to 1

The other "off the shelf" nuke juice I've seen (but never personally tried) is Harbor Freight's engine degreaser.
It looks to be loaded with butyl and lye

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Save your GE, and just buy some "Spray Power" at walmart. Its made here locally and works GREAT on engine grease. Much stronger than Purple power or Castrol Super Clean/

Its pretty much Butyl and Sodium metasilicate, so wear gloves.

Most of our "Hack" competition around here uses this stuff like its going out of style. (Jim Bobs carpet cleaning uses this and nothing else)

Use a clear water rinse and your usual high flow as it leaves residue terribly.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ultra PAC renovate and s
Steam Way Grease subtractor. Makes men smile just thinking the look on your face when you spray it down and literally see the grease disappearing before your eyes

I added a little purple juice for this job, scrubbed good, and post buffed. It turned out all right. I can't say what it looked like a few days after, but that is the best I could do. I decided to forego the orange stuff and focus on the butyl.

IMG_95141.jpg

IMG_95131.jpg

IMG_95321.jpg

IMG_95311.jpg

lance

Yes, big difference Daniel. What did you scrub with?

I would think that grease needs more dwell time with the cleaner so that it will break up better. Just look at the results that the oil disspersements that BP used in the Gulf.....

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
For the extra greasy ones I like Cobbs Powermax Powder... Strong suff and it'll melt ANYTHING & that includes floor finish. Vacuum, shower feed through a shampoo brush, 10 mins dwell time and a screaming hot, high flow acid rinse. Post encap when you're through with the wand, force dry & leave the bill with the receptionist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom