summabitch!

Chris A

Name
Chris
So turns out the gently used 421 I just bought froze between the time I signed and the time I picked it up. Van had a heater in it the whole time but it got in the single digits a couple nights... oh the joys of equipment ownership...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Craigslist, still gonna be ahead a little on the deal, the vans only got 13k the machine about a thousand hours for $17.5 k. I kinna knew going into it that the unit was a little neglected...

Name
Nate W.
Dang bro, that hella sucks.... I can't say that ever happened to me.... I think people are insane to live in such cold climates.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Looks like just the lower hx and the pressure guage. Probably no recourse as the purchase agreement didn't really specify any conditions. Lesson of the day c y a!

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey jst get that fixed and you got a badass TM...By summertime you will be laughing about this. Hopefully

T

The Magician

Chris take all the QD off the front of the engine so the water can flow out.. Water inlet, solution qd, warm up slowly. It may not be damaged too bad.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Let this be a lesson to everyone. If you are going to buy direct stipulate that a reputable distributor checks out the equipment and readies it for shipment/transport. The machines should have been winterized. Sorry to hear about your bad luck :(

Chris A

Name
Chris
Not too big a deal, certainly disappointing. I inspected the he'll out of the machine before I bought it just not when I picked it up. Always learning

Bucey

Name
FFA?
i bought a 421 with 800 hrs i really like it. sucker cost some caysh when it has problems. but all in all i cleans really great i get a lot of compliments around town in comparison to other guys work. im sure that has to do with hanging out on the board learning from you guys. shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know it's not a big deal...but if something would have been missing and not just frozen what would you have done?

Same difference.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Mine froze bad last year when the power went out here overnight.
I slept right thru it.
The damage was brutal.
All of my guages went, Flow meter, some of the brass fittings, some of the seals went bad.
I had to replace quite a few things before I found all of the damage.
What really sucked is it happened a second time two days later, and I had to do it all over.
Sure wish I could afford a warm garage.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Have you been able to take a look at the damage? If it's a small enough crack in the tube it can be brazed if it needs replacing let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

Chris A

Name
Chris
packfancjh said:
Have you been able to take a look at the damage? If it's a small enough crack in the tube it can be brazed if it needs replacing let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

I appreciate it Chris. Truth is, the truck is in the hands of Jim Bane at Pembertons, he told me it needs replaced. I don't really mess around with the repairing of my stuff, always seems to end up worse when I try...

Back
Top Bottom