SummerFest XI - Shaw Carpet Mill Tour Info - Oct 2

SF2009.jpg

Friday Oct 2, 2009 - 1 CEC (IICRC)

9:00am - 11:30am Carpet Mill Tour - - Shaw Carpet Mill andLabs - 1010 V.D. Parrott Jr. Pkwy. Dalton, GA 30722 -
Shaw Carpet Mill Tour Info @ http://www.gotosummerfest.com/2009/MillTourInfo.pdf

Group 1

9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Plant 19 (include Pilot) – Research & Development

Group 2

10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Plant 19 (include Pilot) – Research & Development

Directions:
Take I-75 NORTH to exit 333. Turn right at traffic light onto WALNUT AVE. Continue approximately 2.5 miles. Go to the 8TH redlight and turn RIGHT on V.D. PARROTT PARKWAY. Take the SECOND DRIVEWAY on the RIGHT. Go to the top of the hill. The Shaw Industries Research & Development Building is the farthest building on the LEFT.
[hr:1lyir0d6][/hr:1lyir0d6]
SummerFest XI 2009 Subject: Mill Tour, Friday, October 2, 2009

Please note: For safety reasons, any person(s) with hair that touches the collar must wear it pinned up close to the head while in the manufacturing environment. Also, all shoes must be closed toe and closed heel – sandals, slides and clogs are not appropriate footwear for tours. Safety glasses will be provided on site.

Other safety reminders:
All individuals wishing to tour must be at least 18 years old.
Please advise us if the tour group does not speak/understand English and whether or not there will be a translator with the group. If there is a translator, we need to allow more time for the tour.
Please advise all individuals attending the tour to sign-in with the guard.
Keep away from moving parts while on the tour.
Please watch for lift trucks and stay with your tour guide.
Most tours require a lot of walking so be prepared.
Wheelchairs are not provided.
No photography is allowed in the facility.
Please note: No smoking is allowed on the premises due to the fire hazards involved

Name
Lee Stockwell
Cool! It's been a few years since I've been in Cindy Sayre's little playground. This is an awesome tour.

Fond memories of the 2000 Summerfest tour when my wife and I carried Ian Thompson and Fred Tetter back to the airport afterward. Drove 90 across Atlanta to get Ian there on time. (He died in the World Trade Center less than a year later.)

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Lee say hi to the Goddess of Tech Services for me.

Bill

Lee Stockwell said:
Cool! It's been a few years since I've been in Cindy Sayre's little playground. This is an awesome tour.

Fond memories of the 2000 Summerfest tour when my wife and I carried Ian Thompson and Fred Tetter back to the airport afterward. Drove 90 across Atlanta to get Ian there on time. (He died in the World Trade Center less than a year later.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom