supply and demand, booking when booked

C

clean image

SO, we are in our busy season, and are getting 3 weeks plus out

i always ask, when booking a new or previous custy, whether they have a deadline to complete

and if not, i will book them out, because if i only have 1 open truck next week or 2, i will save it for a i need it done tommorow custy tommorow custy.

saturdays become overflow when not booked already

i have been losing some jobs, only because they want it done sooner

i have gone 3rd truck, however when slower season arrives.....

i,m learning in busy times to qualify and book the best and let the small ones go if i cant squeeze in

i then start over booking days

i know its not a bad problem, however ,

any suggestions on making the most of when it,s "there"

carl

ps. we do 99% tile and stone, and some jobs are multi days

C

clean image

just noticed

this bb is awesome

it finds your logo and puts it as you avitar

i did try to put another avitar up, had hard time

carl

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
clean image said:
it finds your logo and puts it as you avitar
carl

I am pretty sure the program that does this is a executable file called Foster.exe 8)

From time to time it can cause some headaches, but mostly it is a relatively safe and loyal program Carl, so you don't have anything to worry about. :lol:

Jim

Bob Foster

You said executable. That's going to get Boyle, Chuck and Odin all excited again...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
clean image said:
SO, we are in our busy season, and are getting 3 weeks plus out

i always ask, when booking a new or previous custy, whether they have a deadline to complete

and if not, i will book them out, because if i only have 1 open truck next week or 2, i will save it for a i need it done tommorow custy tommorow custy.

saturdays become overflow when not booked already

i have been losing some jobs, only because they want it done sooner

i have gone 3rd truck, however when slower season arrives.....

i,m learning in busy times to qualify and book the best and let the small ones go if i cant squeeze in

i then start over booking days

i know its not a bad problem, however ,

any suggestions on making the most of when it,s "there"

carl

ps. we do 99% tile and stone, and some jobs are multi days

Well it sounds like you are doing the right thing.
I would change one thing.

If you can find a reputable cleaner in your area..or a few and get to know them really well it can work out for both you and them

Book the jobs no matter what....Find that cleaner that you trust and send him the job and take a percentage...whatever that may be.

You paid to find that customer, don't just throw them away.

By finding a really good cleaner, you are doing your customer a favor of not having to find one him/herself.

It keeps the dirtbags weeded out and you can still make money.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Time to add a third truck.

To ask a customer to wait that long is not reasonable.
You're turning away work that would pay for the third truck. It sounds as if a third truck is necessary any way as a back up. When you have the other two trucks that busy, you can't afford a break down.

Since it's your third it doesn't have to be new, look for the best used you can afford. With the economy in the tank there are plenty of good deals out there.

Now is the time to gain market share, adding a third truck can only help you, provided you're as busy as you've stated.

C

clean image

lately, and hogging up schedule space is stone jobs,

stone jobs where we're cutting, not just cleaning and polishing.

when we cut, i want to be on the job, and i will bring my lead tech (truck 2) on the job, as he is stone smart

this is to complete job in timely manner, and allows me to answer phones as needed, and takes some stress off me

as stone is not cut and dry like tile or carpet

i do have job coming up where i did block out a week, so just me and my hlpr can complete

i am very grateful for being busy, and having more than usual cutting stone jobs lined up,

as there have been months where my Klindex just sits

mike, i have over 5k in database, work comes from referrals, re-cleans, marketing, web, truck

carl

C

clean image

richard,
i have though about it

i used to run 3 trucks and i would run office couple years back

then when slow season comes, and trouble keeping third truck busy

i might even have possible part time guy, however,

brian,
thanks for your input,

i have do to some warming up to that idea,

carl

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Another suggestion:

Work longer days, Saturdays and Sundays for a few weeks till eith A) you get caught up, or B) you can really determine you are ready to add another truck. If B) add the 3rd unit and let yourself be a rover so that you can be on jobs as you see fit. The cost of a unit is relatively minor and the people will pay for themselves or not work, especially if on commission which imo anyone sending others out should be doing.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom