supply and recovery tank question

Scott Rogers

i wouldnt own another aluminum tank. the rot too quick IMO

plastic will be more durable. lighter and cheaper for your fresh water tank. And no cracked welds from sloshing water while driving

So I guess that leaves Stainless for your waste tank, especially since u want 200 gallons. But again I would go plastic with a APO. Cost less. less weight and more capacity with the APO

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Stainless if you can find and afford. Butler uses a pretty good quality stainless and that's why they buy them back when they can. Maybe call them and see if they have a used one. I actually might know of a unit Butler unit and van that just got totaled out in Minnesota. I will try and find out what is going on with it and text you.

Mark Saiger

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Dave;

I like all the answers above.

If you like cleaning: "Stainless" carpets.............then you'll love having a "Stainless Tank".
(ha-ha-ha)

Seriously, they are a lot stronger; will last longer; and are a little easier to keep somewhat clean.

Best to you!
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Dave,

Sent you a text. Butler was in 2000 GMC I believe. Slow head on crash at intersection. Butler unit is out of van. 250 waste tank and 110 fresh availble . Also 5.8 blower and heat exchanger too.

Mark

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
After repairing my aluminum tank many times I had a local fabricator build a mostly identical one out of SS but reused my old aluminum lid. Much happier with SS and the lid is light enough to lift off without hurting myself.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never had an aluminum tank go bad but we do wash them out once in a while. We don't use much acid rinse on location either.

I like the stainless tanks, they should last forever but if you're not going to keep your unit forever then I don't know that it really matters that much.

If you having one built have them put a sloped bottom on it so it drains well and wash it out periodically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom