Surface cleaning rugs

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
What do you charge for surface cleaning a rug? My process would be to test for natural or synthetic, vacuum top only, pre spray with appropriate cleaner, wand, maybe protect, and lastly leave a dry pod on it for a while. I know this is not best for the rug but it still requires more care than wall to wall carpet. I will not mess with fringes, bleeders, or rugs that the owner deems valuable.
I have companies I recommend that will do a rug wash, but many customers don't want the hassle or to pay the price.
I put this in the clean room because I wanted answers from those who do not have rug washes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John take your targeted hourly rate and factor how much time it will take to clean the average sized rug you expect to see.

Multiply the total time by the hourly target and then divide that dollar total by the sq/ft of the rug. That should give you a usable sq/ft rate.

You can always add more for risk, Murphy, greed. :winky:

Example: Hourly target rate $150.00 and you'll spend 1.5 hours to clean a 9x12 (108sq/ft)

$150.00 x 1.5=$225.00

$225.00/ 108 sq/ft =$2.08 sq/ft (In order to make $150.00 an hour)

Your market will greatly after determine whether that rate is too low or too high????

Reactions: Wing It
Back
Top Bottom