sweetness, it worked!

Mikey P

Administrator
Our February, Getting to Know Your Pets card was pulling well as always but when I sent out this email this AM all hell broke loose...

Hi Jane

We wanted to make sure you the post card we sent out on February 1st announcing our annual 20% off all services customer appreciation sale. I've talked to many customers that over looked the card among all the other junk mail that hit your boxes the same day. The offer is good until March 15th.

I also want to spread the word that we are now offering stone polishing and honing. If your Marble, Travertine or Limestone floors and counter tops have lost that finish you loved so much when new, have us come out for a free evaluation. I have a good friend with lots of experience who I've hired to work with us on these projects. As far as I can tell, no other local company is offering this service.

Are you having trouble keeping your carpets clean? Perhaps your garage floor needs a good cleaning/degreasing. We can quickly scrub and steam clean your concrete floor the same day we clean your carpet so you no longer drag in the motor oil, black top residue and yard grime on to your freshly cleaned floors.

Last but not least, if you have a few minutes we would sure appreciate it if you took the time to vote for us in the Good Times “Best Of” poll. We have won the last three years and would love to keep the streak going..

Vote HERE!

Thanks again for your loyalty over the years!

Hope to see you soon,
Mike, Davis and Clayton.
www.santacruzclean.com
476 9721
or 588 9063 if you need to speak to me directly

Just too easy to contact your database with Service Monster, for FREE.

I'm up to 885 valid emails now. I'm noticing people are getting much less reluctant to giving theirs out..

Last edited:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Our February, Getting to Know Your Pets card was pulling well as always but when I sent out this email this AM all hell broke loose...

Just too easy to contact your database with Service Monster, for FREE.

I'm up to 885 valid emails now. I'm noticing people are getting much less reluctant to giving theirs out..

Glad it is working for you, Mike. Two words as a suggestion:

Cut/proof.

Cut: Especially in emails people want to get to the point. IMHO you could still maintain your folksy tone (which is good), convey the key points and still cut 40% of the above copy. (And this is from a self confessed blabbermouth on paper. I struggle every day with the "less is more" thing.) I'm leaving the DR in a bit en route to our Atlanta SFS but I'll work over the email on the way and post it later.

Proof: Again and again and then have Paula go over it. For example, you are missing the word "saw" in the first sentence.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Steve

PS That is an impressive number of email addresses, Mike. Here is the best way we've found to subtly get a very high percentage of emails fro0m home owners.

Reactions: hogjowl and GCCLee

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
"Hi Jane just wanted to make sure you the postcard "

Did you mean "make sure you received the postcard" ?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
OK, big guy, on the way over to Miami I played with your copy. So (timidly submitted) are the two versions:

Your original here is 267 words: (And obviously doing the job.)

Hi Jane

We wanted to make sure you the post card we sent out on February 1st announcing our annual 20% off all services customer appreciation sale. I've talked to many customers that over looked the card among all the other junk mail that hit your boxes the same day. The offer is good until March 15th.

I also want to spread the word that we are now offering stone polishing and honing. If your Marble, Travertine or Limestone floors and counter tops have lost that finish you loved so much when new, have us come out for a free evaluation. I have a good friend with lots of experience who I've hired to work with us on these projects. As far as I can tell, no other local company is offering this service.

Are you having trouble keeping your carpets clean? Perhaps your garage floor needs a good cleaning/degreasing. We can quickly scrub and steam clean your concrete floor the same day we clean your carpet so you no longer drag in the motor oil, black top residue and yard grime on to your freshly cleaned floors.

Last but not least, if you have a few minutes we would sure appreciate it if you took the time to vote for us in the Good Times “Best Of” poll. We have won the last three years and would love to keep the streak going..

Vote HERE!

Thanks again for your loyalty over the years!

Hope to see you soon,
Mike, Davis and Clayton.
www.santacruzclean.com
476 9721
or 588 9063 if you need to speak to me directly

So then I tweaked it a bit. I didn't achieve the 40% reduction but did get it down to 196 words plus maybe a little more snap. You decide... (Just don't get all hot and bothered. You can always "pull a Chavez", get lots of free help and then ignore all of it.)

Hi Jane,

I sent you a “20% off all services” post card last week. Since some clients didn’t see it I’m reminding everyone that you can save 20% on all our services till March 15th. For example…

Save 20% on our new stone polishing and honing services. If your Marble, Travertine or Limestone floors and counter tops have faded (or are scratched) just give us a call for a free evaluation.

Or are your carpets re-soiling too quickly? We can now clean and degrease your concrete floors the same day we clean your carpets! The result? No more tracked in motor oil, black top residue and garage grime in your freshly cleaned home!

Finally, I personally would greatly appreciate your vote in the Good Times “Best Of” poll. Connoisseur Cleaning has won for the last three years and with your help we can keep our streak going!

Vote HERE! And my thanks in advance!

I truly appreciate your loyalty over the years!

Mike
www.santacruzclean.com
476 9721 (or call me on my cell: 588 9063)

PS Remember, you can save 20% on all our services (and keep Davis and Clayton busy and out of trouble!) through March 15!

Mikey P

Administrator
We will be raffeling off a free set of custom cleaning bucks here real soon.
Or you can click on his son to be banner and have some made.
You just need to send the art work to SM and they'll do the rest

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This tells me the card, as is, works for Mike's customer, so as much as we'd like to help, no fixing is required. Wierd to think of Mike channeling Joe Polish though.

PS: Although the fad will fade, today's customers actually like videos shot with a phone and have terrible sound quality. They think they're more real than a slicker 'advertising' spot.

Reactions: hogjowl

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Have a photo contest for customer's pets, winner's photo is featured on the website and/or other advertising for a month/season/year and receives a complimentary residential cleaning. Everyone who enters gets a free room or protectant....etc.

Alternate that offer with the same for pictures of customer's children.....although in my experience, people like to look at other people's pets more than their kids.

Take care,
Lisa

hogjowl

Idiot™
All you need is a see through mustache and several made up stories of women coming on to you, and you'd be the king of the on-line community.

Mikey P

Administrator
[B said:
So then I tweaked it a bit. I didn't achieve the 40% reduction but did get it down to 196 words plus maybe a little more snap. You decide... (Just don't get all hot and bothered. You can always "pull a Chavez", get lots of free help and then ignore all of it.)
[/B]
Hi Jane,

I sent you a “20% off all services” post card last week. Since some clients didn’t see it I’m reminding everyone that you can save 20% on all our services till March 15th. For example…

Save 20% on our new stone polishing and honing services. If your Marble, Travertine or Limestone floors and counter tops have faded (or are scratched) just give us a call for a free evaluation.

Or are your carpets re-soiling too quickly? We can now clean and degrease your concrete floors the same day we clean your carpets! The result? No more tracked in motor oil, black top residue and garage grime in your freshly cleaned home!

Finally, I personally would greatly appreciate your vote in the Good Times “Best Of” poll. Connoisseur Cleaning has won for the last three years and with your help we can keep our streak going!

Vote HERE! And my thanks in advance!

I truly appreciate your loyalty over the years!

Mike
www.santacruzclean.com
476 9721 (or call me on my cell: 588 9063)

PS Remember, you can save 20% on all our services (and keep Davis and Clayton busy and out of trouble!) through March 15!

Thats excellent Steve, but too late.

unless I pull a Howard or a Dusty and send a a "woops, there was a mistake or typo in my last email" trick..

This guy was not too happy to get my hackish email... But I think I handled it well..

Read from the bottom up..

Oh hey Mark, how are the pups doing?

Sorry to invade your inbox, wont happen again.

Mike

To: Mike Pailliotet <pailliotet@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tue, February 12, 2013 7:04:29 PM
Subject: RE: Heads up from your favorite Carpet Cleaner!

It is Mark R******ia

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:51 PM
To: mp@cruzio.com
Subject: Re: Heads up from your favorite Carpet Cleaner!

Hi Mark,
I'll need your last name to find your account so I can enter your preference for no emails.
Sorry for the hassle.
Thanks
Mike

To: pailliotet@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Mon, February 11, 2013 12:20:09 PM
Subject: Re: Heads up from your favorite Carpet Cleaner!

Please remove me from your email list. I did not ask for any emails.

> Hi Mark
>
>
We wanted to make sure you the post card we sent out on February 1st

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Thats excellent Steve, but too late.

unless I pull a Howard or a Dusty and send a a "woops, there was a mistake or typo in my last email" trick..

This guy was not too happy to get my hackish email... But I think I handled it well..

Read from the bottom up..

He would have been ticked off with my superb rewrite too, Mike.

Steve

PS At the very least when you send out your followup email with links to internet review sites put a PS that mentions you'll "occasionally" send them special offers plus a reminder of their next cleaning. A safer method is to let them "opt in" by choosing the next date to be reminded plus do they want your special offers. Prepare to be turned down.

Mikey P

Administrator
I remember the guy.

Filthy bachelor word mother was coming for a visit do the dog bed slash sectional sofa needed to be hosed down.

Back
Top Bottom