Swoop Head

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I love that name, anyway, I used my new swoop head for my older 360 the other day. The 360 kept getting bogged down, it was having a hard time working. I tried it on two different carpets, same results. I removed the vacuum hose to see if that mattered, and it ran great, so I put hose back on and loosened the cuffs to bleed off some vacuum and it worked better. I called rotovac and they said it was because the new head is heavier than the old one and they told me how to make an adjustment to increase the amps to the motor. It worked alot better today, but occasionally would slow down. I was curious if anyone else was having the same issue.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
If you open up the control box, (on top of handle behind the speed switch), there are five little white adjusting screw thingys on the circuit board. They each have a name or letters next to them. I got the impression there may be different versions of the board. The adjustment thingy to turn was on the right hand side, I think the letters were cl, I will double check on that tomorrow. I was told to adjust all the way clockwise and then back off a little. He said increasing amps all the way was not good for the board. If anyone is having issues, I would call rotovac service, they have always been very helpful.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
It appears that the adjustment worked, no bogging down today. I just have to say I love my new swoop head.

Rotovac

Name
Nick
The motor on the 360i is identical to the motor on the Rotovac 360.

The swoop head will run more smoothly and agitate quite a bit better than the old head. The ski ramp of the leading outer edge of the shoe will skip over vents, thresholds, tile, etc. thus you greatly minimize the chance of damaging something.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.ne ... head.shtml

You can upgrade your standard 360 head to the 360i head with a kit that includes the disc, shoes and necessary fasteners, Nylon glides. It takes about 30 minutes to complete.

P/N RA-197 $219. That's about half the cost of buying a new head.

Adam
Rotovac Service Dept.
888 768-6822 x 120

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom