Synthetic oil

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I use the stuff in everything except my npr. Is it worth the extra $8 a gallon. The engines already last forever. Money well spent, or just a waste ?

Gene

Supersucker

I use synthetic in everything. The first time I used it I put Diesel rated Mobil 1 in a VW fox with 250,000 miles. You would not believe the sludge that came out of that motor and it had mostly 5000 mile changes. I am using the Shell Rotella T synthetic in my TDI as my mechanic uses it in his.

You should be able to go to a longer oil drain with the synthetic. With a Diesel you get too much soot and ultimately would need a bypass filter to take advantage of really long drains.

I had installed a bypass on my Jetta and was doing 25,000 mile drains before somebody ran a stop sign & totalled it for me.

Are you running a PTO on your NPR?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Briggs and Stratton even include Synthetic oil in your $109.95 Wally world lawn mower. The decrease in mechanical resistance in the motor is easily measurable. With that kind of investment why not add life to it.

Rick

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
No, I'm not running a pto and I already switched when I first saw it. I have never had a problem with an engine even with regular oil. My first truck changed the oil ever 10k plus the filter every other change which was by the book. I wonder sometimes if it isn't just another attempt by the oil companys to take our hard earned money.

Gene

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Synthetic Oil is the way to go on everything you to last. I use it in everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom