T&G Sealer/Treatment

mikepo

What would you CCer's who do T&G pay for a gallon of T&G treatment that seals the pores at a nano scale level, is UV resistant, is warranted by the manufacture for 5 years if cleaned properly, is a stain and water repellent (i've seen oil left on a surface for 24 hours that wiped right up with a paper towel), and last but not least covers ~250-400 sq ft / gal. I like it much better that the top of the line DuPont StoneTech product. I just want to know if your business histories would support using a high end product and what you'd pay. I'd be interested to get your inputs.

Cheers,

Mike

mikepo

No ....it's not Zycosil but a variant of Nano1000 from Kinloch USA called NSWR500. NSWR500 is fluoropolymer unlike Zycosil, a silicon based product. Just wondering if there's interest out there with the CCer's doing T&G

Cheers,

Mike

mikepo

See .... you're right most people would say sub $20.

But the kicker is that many products like Zycosil are silicone. Hey ...silicone is great stuff especially nano-particle silicone. The issue the suppliers of silicone based sealers will never answer is what happens when the silicone fails? It is not biodegradeable and a petroleum by-product therefore it is not a natural material. At Centex Green we work with customers in the UK and they specifically prohibit the use of silicones in stone because when they do fail removing them is not a trivial issue, and the stain resistance is not usually that good. Silicone is the cheapest product to use in any coating which is why so many companies still use it.

So with that said .... anyone wanting to blow their customers away after a well done T&G clean send me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do to get you samples of NSWR500. At $0.23 to $0.27 per sq ft there's plenty of room to build profit in your service.

Cheers,

Mike
www.centexgreen.com

Name
Lee Stockwell
You are on a chemically slippery slope by touting a flouropolymer as being "greener" than a silicone product.

Both have issues.

mikepo

Lee - I know ..... fluoropolymer has issues with being "green" but we use it in our T&G treatment in very low percentage by weight.

Joey - Your absolutely right... i know germination starts in 6-12 hours. The bright lights of TV got to me. I owe you a 6 pack of beer.

OoC - Tying into the response to Joey. I do mold analysis through a certified lab (both surface and spore trap) to look at: Alternaria Arthrinium Ascospores* Aureobasidium Basidiospores* Bipolaris/Drechslera Botrytis Chaetomium Cladosporium Curvularia Epicoccum Fusarium Myrothecium Nigrospora Other Other Penicillium/Aspergillus Pithomyces Rusts* Smuts*, Stachybotrys Stemphylium Torula Ulocladium Zygomycetes . Also, in the absence of a robust standard (ASTM, Green Seal) I've developed my own systematic approach to evaluating cleaners, spotters. (Based on a modified CRI test - They only look at 8 stain types on nylon) Obviously there are good products and my approach has been to:

1) Validate product efficacy
2) Define how broad a range the products work
3) Confirm/validate the products are green/healthy

Regarding #3 there are products that claim to be safe/green but contain constituents at the TLV (threshold limit value) and there are even more products that have incomplete MSDS info. I work with jan/san guys and had been around chemistry jobs most of my professional life and when you see guys with mottled skin and health issues you got to ask do I want my crew, my customers, myself to live this experience. No matter your approach HWE, VLM (OP & Bonnet), Dry, Shampoo etc. I think we can agree we are all served by ever improving, healthier products.

Name
Jesse
Healthier products... sure. Why can't you use your healthier product then rinse contaminates away. Soaking shit in a healthy cleaner and leaving 1/2 of it in someones carpet sure doesn't sound cleaner.... Maybe I need to go back to school.

Back
Top Bottom