Tab glide fitting--tape v/s goop

Name
Steve Lawrence
We like the tab glides for our wands--much easier to remove when you want to get a little tighter to walls or for wand orifice cleaning.

Have any of you been successful with using any kind of tape on the teflon to help tighten up a loose fit on a tab glide?

Are there any other things we could try (besides goop) to make a glide fit better?

Thanks,
Steve

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Ok. I'll reply: What's a tab glide
link1.gif
?

He's gotta just mean a glide. Right?

What type of wand? Some older wands have a different glide, compared to new ones.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
He means an internal fit glide. The kind with a plug that goes up into the slot of the wand instead of attaching to the outer lips.

We no longer make internal fits for that wand, so he is trying to make some slightly loose glides work, the plug is a little too small.

He is concerned that Goop will not allow him to routinely remove and re-install them like he likes to do, so was wondering if anyone had tried tape instead and if so, which type.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Steve Lawrence
I've always only used GreenGlides and will continue to do so. Hopefully at some point 14" glides with a tab inserts into the vac slot will be resurrected. I can't believe you PMF weenies don't demand this for your wands--BTW which would make their manufacture so desirable to any co. that makes glides cuz of the $.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom