Taking photos of checks to deposit instantly

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is anyone doing this?
Chase has advertised this on TV and they just told me today that I can do it with my Blackberry.

My ideas is to have my Techs take the photos right on the spot to deposit it into the account.

I haven't set it up yet, but I will if there are no issues.

I think I have to let the Tech have access to the account so I may just set up a separate bank account just for that.

Either way, it's a pretty cool deal for getting the money in the bank right away and clearing the checks....the way I understand it is the checks clear almost instantly or get approved like a credit card.

This is cool for the fears of bouncing checks etc.
I'm not sure if there is a fee per transaction or whatever.

I'll keep you posted.

Bob Foster

I was thinking the same thing JB. I would think i would be easy to manipulate a check for fraudulent purposes. Why not point of sale interact banking rather than a check?

-JB-

Name
JB
Speaking of scary this whole post was done with voice prompt

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Cheque, cash or net 30 for commercial. No cc's. I'm not giving anyone even a small chunk of my hard earned dough.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
OK, I'm pretty sure I CAN'T do it with my Blackberry. Oh well.
I'll figure it out next week.

I still like how Chase seems to be very customer oriented. Good options for paying and getting paid quickly....even without the iphone.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yeah - That was sorta what I was wondering. My bank doesn't hold cheques until they clear and I'm not that big of a brokedick that I need the money NOW. I've NEVER had an issue with NOT taking CC's.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They make the deposits into the bank account. I'm just trying to make it easier on them and a little quicker all the way around.
It's not that I need the money or I'm dead or anything like that.
I'm just streamlining the process and taking advantage of technology.

And from the customer service point of view...There is nothing worse than writing a check (which I rarely do) and then waiting for the company to cash it. I've had people wait weeks to cash my checks. Bugs the heck out of me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
With the new regulations most of the banks are the same when it comes to overdrafts and all that.
Cash flow is a very important part of business. I should be ok.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
With the new regulations most of the banks are the same when it comes to overdrafts and all that.
Cash flow is a very important part of business. I should be ok.

ANYONE...can make a DEPOSIT...to your ACCOUNT... :roll:

They just CANNOT...DO any other transaction.... :!:

So find a "LOCAL" branch of CHASE...in their area... :!:
"JUST GIVE them a DEPOSIT "ONLY" STAMP... :idea:

You can ALSO...Get the ROUTING # ..to their account..& Direct Deposit...Their check.. :!:
If they don't have a checking account..? You can have a Cashiers Check issued to them
as a DRAFT...on your account...!!! The FEE is usually $1.00 to $5.00...Charge them the Fee..!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Harp...I already do that now.
They make deposits....then I make a deposit to them.

Chase let's me email deposits to their account too (which is easier if I'm not going out) and it gets into their bank account almost as fast.

I just found a link on the Chase onine banking that lets me do ACH deposits as well...Clears the next day. Not sure if there is a fee for that but I will look into it.

So the idea would be...They take a photo, it deposits, I see the deposit online and do an ACH deposit to their account. The whole process could take minutes...except for the day to clear the Techs account...but It clears just as fast as if I made the deposit to their account at the bank.
Nice.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Date: September 3, 2010 9:46:29 PM EDT
Subject: You need to look at this, not delete it or you might wish you had!

Subj: Pelosi says you wont mind a 1% transaction tax

How do you like them apples gang ?

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING...."absolutely no"......

President Obama's finance team and Nancy Pelosi are recommending a 1% transaction tax on all financial transactions.

His plan is to sneak it in after the November election to keep it under the radar.

See what Nancy has to say about this wonderful idea!

http://tinyurl.com/24dn5ud

It's only 1%!

This is a 1% tax on all transactions to or from any financial institution i.e.. Banks, Credit Unions, Mutual funds, Brokers,
etc.

Any deposit you make will have a 1% tax charged.

Any withdrawal you make, 1% tax.

Any transfer within your account, a transfer to or from savings and checking, will have a 1% tax charged.

Any ATM transaction, withdrawal or deposit, 1% tax.

If your pay check or your Social Security is direct deposited, 1% tax.

If you carry a check to your bank to deposit, 1% tax.

If you take cash in to deposit, 1% tax.

If you receive any income from a bond or a dividend from stock, 1% tax.

Any Real Estate Transaction, 1% tax. (This is on top of the 3.8% they just slid in on you) total nearly 5%, commission + tax 11%, some states "Excise Tax is an additional 1+% 12% OR MORE)

Pay for your insurance (health)... 1%

Consider 1% on the buyer of coming in, and 1% on the seller going out 2% of all transactions... unreal. Some areas in California are over 9%, add two more 11%, who are they kidding???

and for What??? for Juan, Pablo and the anchor babies?

When will the pain wake America up to this non-sense. This administration is about YOUR MONEY, and they will take it from you how ever they can.

This is from the man who promised that if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one penny of new tax! Remember, he is completely honest and trustworthy.

You would think they would do something about the out of control SPENDING, and Entitlements... too much, too out of control. They have to be Stopped!!!

Keep your eyes and ears open.

THIS WOULD "BLOW-UP".....YouR wOrLd............. :shock: ........ :evil: :evil: :evil:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom