Taking pride?

Fon Johnson

Whatever happened to taking pride in your work? We did a job last night, 3 men stripping vct and cleaning lots of carpet. The vct was a freakin' nightmare. The last guy hacked it. All he did was make the old finish mad when he turned it to goo, then he made it all better by putting finish on it. I can kind of understand though, as there was either a nasty sealer or MOP-N-GLO on it! GRRRRR! I was not at all pleased with how the carpet was cleaning up, and I was going NUCLEAR on it with chems, heat, and pressure (gotta love olefin sometimes!) The admin assitant looks at it as I remind her that we KNEW it was trashed, and I will be going over traffic lanes again as I told her and the manager I would (yeah, I built it in the price.) So I'm figuring on going over them again last night or today with encap punch after using the TM. She says "don't worry about it." " It looks MUCH better than the last time it was cleaned." Looked like crap to me, and even considering the traffic lane grey, there was just no doubt that it would take about 3 cleanings to restore this impacted carpet.

I guess I should just say THANKS mister hack for the happy new customer (new account too!)

Whatever happened to pride??

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lol Fon, sounds liek the job i did last week, and stil have more to do this week..

dude just flat slopped the shit down....and what he did to the carpets and chairs... :roll: :roll: :roll:

its that theater place i talked about last year....whats funny....

The guy comes in and says "I got some new equipment if you ever are tired of that guy..."

She was like "Uhhhhh no we are fine and wont be switching ANYTIME soon"

She was about to tears when she saw the VCT we did...I just wish it was good light up there so we could take pics... The crew up stairs wants to go "no shoes" up there... :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes pride in your work...

and like you also said....when they bring up "no thats ok it looks better then the last guy" thats ok I still THINK it can be better...Not all the time but most times it cleans out..

The Preacher

i have a friend i've been doing VCT with. he has more work than he can do ( i gotta get his price up though, i did a job cost sheet for him from my SFS day 1 book and showed him where he was working for VERY LITTLE after expenses!)

the freaking hacks around here should ask him to pay for lunch for all the work they feed him!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
takes a REAL man to swing a mp to CU...

any old lady can push a wand :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom