Talisman Rug Plant for sale.

Mikey P

Administrator
Want to move to Santa Cruz and be my neighbor?

Want to own just about the most prestigious rug cleaning plant in this country?

Want to clean for the the super stars?

No synthetics or machine made crap.. Just pure gold for $5.50 a foot and up.
Well trained staff, 4 pits and one hell of a reputation can be had for less than you would think.

Call me.

But you have to refer me for on location work.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
The last time I talked to David walker he made an offhanded remark about selling it to me which I took as a joke…? I though his son was going to take it over?

How much are they asking ..PM if you like

Mikey P

Administrator
His son moved to NZland

David is keeping the textile restoration end of the biz. But the rug side is all your's

Call him @ 505 474 4905.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I've never meet Rufus I believe he left Talisman before I worked with one of his restorers before I started my business up here in P-town

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Did just the rumor of a Mikey-plant ruin their future? When most of their customer's rugs can be cleaned effectively by the guy down the road that charges $2.50, and frugality has become trendy even among the well-heeled, the remaining market for $5.50+ psf rug cleaning might be getting considerably smaller.

davidw

Hi, it's David Walker of Talisman. I just signed on.

Yes, my wife and I moved to Santa Fe a year ago. We have a textile conservation business in Santa Fe that we operate ourselves. The textiles are generally rare and collectible items. We are not looking for new textile clients.

Talisman, in Santa Cruz, has been in business for 29 years and has a unique mix of clientele throughout the state and the country. Most of our business is made up of established customers. We have never advertised and so rely entirely on referrals. Reliability, not cost, is the first concern of our customers - so people have usually spoken to a museum or antique rug dealer, Oriental rug society or someone else they trust before they call us.

There is far more work in the rug washing business than there are resources to do the work.

Talisman can be conveniently located within 1.5 hours drive of the Bay Area (North, East or South - I wouldn't recommend West). Since my wife and I would ultimately like to focus entirely on our life and work in Santa Fe, we would consider a variety of offers and arrangements for a sale. At the moment, we still enjoy the income - and we have a great crew to manage things. The employees know that the business is being offered for sale.

We grew through the past recessions and are doing fine so far in this one - but no one knows where this economy is going. Many of our clients are wealthy - and the wealthy always seem to get by.

I admire Rufus Cohen's work and integrity very much and continue to refer work to him for customers in the Southwest.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly. Use my "david@textileconservation.net" rather than the talismanrestoration.com address in order to reach me in Santa Fe.

David Walker
(505) 474-4905
david@textileconservation.net

Back
Top Bottom