Tap into the breaker box for more power

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it not as bad as it looks....only thing I can think is that you have a handful of panels out there and different breakers and they all don't fit together.....so you you will have to make sure you carry a breaker for every type out there.........

I would just shut the range or AC breaker off and pull the wires and tap into the breaker already married into the panel.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Then I guess you are S.O.L and will have to find another way to get the job done..................

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We have enough liability as it is. Just use the mytee boxes connected to the range and connect another to the dryer 220. Once you touch that panel any "ghosts or gremlins" associated with it become yours.

Buck1955

Name
John
When I did duct cleaning and used an electric unit I carried all different 20 amp breakers and would tap into the panel. I would not like to leave the panel cover off to dry over days too much chance of something going wrong.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I met this guy at Kurt Boldens Hydro Lab. Super nice fellow.
We have one of these units. They are great.

My guys only have one complaint 30' is to short if outlet is on first floor and you are in the basement. You have to get the 30 additional cord. It has a 30' so it fits in the bag. Really needs to come with a 50'. you have to work at getting all back into the nice bag. We plan on buy 2-3 more this year.

I just talked with a good friend that is a electrician I would rather hire a electrician and just bill the insurance or use the 220 wall plugs. Someone already said you open it all problems are yours.
Let it be your electricians problem not yours.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Like Michael said, it ain't worth it. Just use the mytee boxes and or use a spider box and just buy the diff connections. The spider boxes cost $600 bucks new, but they go on eBay for $100 or so used, I have 4 of them.

If no power, rent a generator from Sunbelt or your local rental place. They'll deliver it for an extra fee usually $40-50 bucks depending on distance. It'll come w/ a 50 footer to connect to to the generator than to your spider box. You can also rent the 50 footer cord @ Sunbelt.

Offcourse you can charge for everything from the spider boxes, gensets, gas, power cables, monitoring, driving to/from site, etc.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I just bought another G box today. I have to say I love grabbing power from the range.

Why worry about cords all over the house it makes it so tidy.

2 nice jobs today and dinner with by sons. What a great start to the Christmas week. Santa came early at the King household.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I just bought another G box today. I have to say I love grabbing power from the range.

Why worry about cords all over the house it makes it so tidy.

2 nice jobs today and dinner with by sons. What a great start to the Christmas week. Santa came early at the King household.

It's a good feeling when the nice ones roll in.

Just finished 2 today close by us, invoiced SF and the other was out of pocket which he paid us.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Crew leader on call just called me. They had a WDR loss last night, one in the morning (winter storm going on right now) if we can get there and a fire to look at Monday AM. Cold weather always stimulates the restoration business.

Oh and a visit from Lockhart, he came to town to train our guys and we get big fire and he only had two guys to train. Oh well it was still worth it. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dealtimeman

Connor

Name
Connor
Easy enough, but still a liability nightmare if there was ever a failure and you're not a properly licensed electrician.

I'm a jerk.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom