Tapping the fuel line on 2005 ford Van.

bonesheal

Ford offers an external fuel port as a $25 option on the vans they sell. You may be able to get a dealer to put one on cheap.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have an '04 that has sucked ass in the fuel tap department. biggest problem is ford only uses like a 1" tube to transfer the fuel into the tank, which doesn't leave hardly any room for a fuel tap in the filler neck. transfer flow is the one that makes the fuel kits. currently the one I have on the van does not allow me to fill at full nozzle speed and has to be kinda monkied with to get the tank full, its on my backup unit so its not used much.

jimn

Try http://www.transferflow.com/

They sell all types of fuel tap kits. If you do not buy in bulk, you will pay retail but it is still better than most.

We do have a smaller 3/4" tap kit (for Fords) that runs through the breather hose if Transfer Flow does not have anything that will work. It will be less than $500.00. I can let it go for $499.99.. shiteatinggrin Really if you need one, let me know and we will take care of you.

I hope this helps and if you need help, give me a call.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I guess I don’t fully understand how this type of fuel tap works. You put an insert in near the cap and lower a fuel line down into the tank?? What keeps the line at the bottom of the tank? Wouldn’t it make refueling slower?

Name
Nate W.
ACE said:
I guess I don’t fully understand how this type of fuel tap works. You put an insert in near the cap and lower a fuel line down into the tank?? What keeps the line at the bottom of the tank? Wouldn’t it make refueling slower?

On mines, it goes in at the bottom of the filler neck, right before the tank. I used a copper line from the filler neck to the tank. I did leave the copper line about 1/2-1" off the bottom of the tank, so it would clog. I ran a fuel filter right outside the fuel tap from cobb's. Then copper line going across the van, and a small piece of rubber hose to connect it to the on/off valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom