Targeting Women Part 2

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lose the scene where someone is walking in with the hose and you see their back.

The scene with the waste tank gunk is great, but you should wear gloves when handling it.

The upholstery shot is really, really good.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl said:
Lose the scene where someone is walking in with the hose and you see their back.

The scene with the waste tank gunk is great, but you should wear gloves when handling it.

The upholstery shot is really, really good.

Take care,
Lisa

Taking notes, notice that brand new stainless valve on the Greenhorn? Thanks agian.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You also might take some shots in and/or in front of higher end homes. An area rug or two (if you do them), flash some to break up the cleaning about certifications, experience, education, etc.

I don't know about anyone else, but I liked the shot of the vac hose rolling off the reel.

Take care,
Lisa

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Lisa,
You have got to be kidding me about the hose reel.

Richard I appreciate the fact that you continue to work on the videos and place them on here for a critique. You have some good shots. I would use them sparingly.
Where are the people (happy, satisfied customers)?
Where are the testimonials?
Where are the shots of a uniformed technician?
How does this commercial make the customer less fearful of a strange man in the house?
Why should I trust you?
Do you really think they want to see that crap out of their carpet?
And I do agrre with Lisa about the gloves. I sure wouldn't want to shake hands with you knowing where your hands have been.

Once again the technology and editing is superb.

Keep at it and start asking women, other than Lisa, what they think of the video.

Bill Yeadon

truckmount girl said:
You also might take some shots in and/or in front of higher end homes. An area rug or two (if you do them), flash some to break up the cleaning about certifications, experience, education, etc.

I don't know about anyone else, but I liked the shot of the vac hose rolling off the reel.

Take care,
Lisa

billyeadon said:
Lisa,

Richard I appreciate the fact that you continue to work on the videos and place them on here for a critique. You have some good shots. I would use them sparingly.
How does this commercial make the customer less fearful of a strange man in the house?
Why should I trust you?
And I do agrre with Lisa about the gloves. I sure wouldn't want to shake hands with you knowing where your hands have been.

Keep at it and start asking women, other than Lisa, what they think of the video.

Bill Yeadon

You have a sample video on what you are talking about?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
billyeadon said:
Lisa,

Why should I trust you?

Bill Yeadon

truckmount girl said:

Take care,
Lisa

Bill, try to show him the video from the spotting video series of Jon Don! That pretty much hits your point on the head!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Testimonials, happy customers - they are bs. everyone knows you can invent those. No one pays attention to them. Like anyone is going to make a commercial with unhappy customers or bad testimonials in it. So, it's worthless :roll:.

if you put info in there about education, certification, years experience (and anything you have as a positive like family owned and operated, insured, screened employees, etc.) you will calm any fears. If you are an owner/op and look 'camera ready" you could put a shot of yourself in there, but I probably wouldn't. If you have any women techs, putting them in could be great though.

I still like the hose reel shot. It gives the impression that someone is coming with powerful, industrial equipment and it is an obvious difference in comparison to a Bissel, Rug Doctor or portable.

Take care,
Lisa

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
So Lisa, I guess women never ask their family or friends for a referral. Why do you think Angies List is such a growing enterprise?

The number 1 trusted profession is nursing. Having a nurse giving a service referral is a powerful tool.

Are you inferring that all the portable users in the country are doing a poor job? Are the people on the 25th floor not having their carpet cleaned because they can't have a "powerful, industrial machine"?

I am sure we can continue this discussion in Nashville, although I doubt either one of us will budge from our beliefs.

To be continued.....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
billyeadon said:
So Lisa, I guess women never ask their family or friends for a referral. Why do you think Angies List is such a growing enterprise?

The number 1 trusted profession is nursing. Having a nurse giving a service referral is a powerful tool.

Are you inferring that all the portable users in the country are doing a poor job? Are the people on the 25th floor not having their carpet cleaned because they can't have a "powerful, industrial machine"?

I am sure we can continue this discussion in Nashville, although I doubt either one of us will budge from our beliefs.

To be continued.....

Referrals and testimonials from friends and family are a whole different thing than testimonies on a website or commercial. With your friends and family you kno it's true. With a commercuial or website, for all you know it's the owner's mom making the testimonial. Do YOU trust testimonials on commercials or websites? I don't. Angie's List etc. is different in that it is not something the owner paid for, although the potential for bogus ratings good or bad is high there as well.

No I'm not saying porty users can't do a good juob. I'm saying if you have a TM that is a strength you need to display. It is obviously, bigger, more powerful and more expensive than a porty and that means something to the homeowner. It portrays a more professional, more financially invested business owner. It's a positive for his company and he should display his positives.

Take care,
Lisa

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Is there a video out there that really hits the target? I need ideas.

Richard,
Seeing that you aren't too far from our Portland store stop in and ask to watch the odor removal video. Now it is hard to condense in 30-60 seconds what is on the odor video, but i think it will give you an idea.

Once again people want to see other people not just equipment. Your editing on other aspects of the video are awesome.

billyeadon said:
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Is there a video out there that really hits the target? I need ideas.

Richard,
Seeing that you aren't too far from our Portland store stop in and ask to watch the odor removal video. Now it is hard to condense in 30-60 seconds what is on the odor video,

This the video here?
u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysnCS7Rzwku]

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
No that definitely isn't it. The video is one that is sold in our stores. But if you stop in you can just watch it and not have to buy it.

That is just a video of an old guy pitching products.

billyeadon said:
No that definitely isn't it. The video is one that is sold in our stores. But if you stop in you can just watch it and not have to buy it.

That is just a video of an old guy pitching products.

I will take a peak at it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom