TAXES - never mind . . . .

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I did find that this was repealed - read on if you want but it's seemingly a dead issue. But it may make some folks look a little closer at the candidates next time they start marking up those ballots.....

I have heard there is a chance this changes, but as of the moment - it stands.

You can all thank Obama care for this. Its starts 2012, so you all better get in gear and start getting ready for it, or the day you have to pay your 2012 taxes could be a really really bad day.

Section 9006 of the healthcare bill, a few sentences in the over 2400 page document, requires you to file a 1099 for ANY and EVERY vendor you spend over $600, services or tangible goods, or you lose the write off.

The idea is that that using 1099 forms to capture potential unreported income will generate more government revenue and help offset the cost of the health bill. I don't know what bright bulb thought this one up - but it is going to add a RIDICULOUS amount of undue burned on every person and company in business.

All you disty's out there better get ready for it too, and return those w-9's as they come in from your custy's - or you are going to have some very angry customers. And cleaners, get ready to get w-9's and return them for any customer intending to write your services off that spends more than $600 a year with you.

You have to w-9 and then 1099 individuals/sole proprietors, and even corporations.

If you spend more than $600 with them in a year w-9 & 1099 them - I'd suggest you start sending w-9's now, because so far for me, getting them returned has been like pulling teeth.

Send to anyone you spend more than $600 a year with;
any gas station, advertising agency/service, staples, office depot, lowes, home depot, your disty's, your landlord, your water company, electric company, costco, .......

My list is over 100 so far - I have sent 100 w-9's, 50 days later, not gotten one back yet.

From what I have read, they may change it a bit so that purchases on a credit card (debit cards will not count, must be a traditional CC) can be exempt from having to file a 1099 on >$600/yr.

The real problem (as I am finding out) lies in having your vendors return the w-9 you must send them in order to 1099 them, so you can have the write off. Like every gas station you use - you are going to have to do legwork just to find out where to send the w-9's (so we'll only be using one rather than whichever is close at the time of need).

In other news -

Accountants across the US anticipate having record profits in 2012. . . . . .

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Re: TAXES - Everyone needs to read this thread

A couple things.....

if in fact the gov. is trying to "streamline" things, as has been 1 of the themes in the latest round of banter...to save on the budget/deficit

whyyyyyy would they require MORE paper work on things and places that are easily traceable??? IE big companies...staples, office max etc... Or CC/debt/checks that have paper receipts, as well as electronic tags

as welll of the problems of where to exactly send said 1099s....

just a thought......

besides what "they" say and what actually happens, are in fact 2 different things and take years to implement...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

I understand that now your merchant processing service (if you accept credit cards) will now be reporting your gross CC sales as well. Starting with the 2011 tax year. That means the sales from this year.

Take care,
Lisa

randy

Name
Randy

That was voted down and removed from the bill. Even the IRS was complaining about it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

randy said:
That was voted down and removed from the bill. Even the IRS was complaining about it.

can you imagine the hiring boom that would go on, to process all those 1099s??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the government needs to do...(and are, my bro in-law works for them) is to get aggresive with all the dumb asses, who dont think they need to pay, and/or dont pay enough...

they have got tougher on collections....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Should the title of this thread be changed to nevermind?

On April Obama signed a bill repealing a tax-compliance mandate in last year’s health- care law, giving a victory to business groups that led a campaign against the requirement.

The repealed provision, under which companies would have had to report more transactions to the Internal Revenue Service, was included in the law as a revenue-raising measure.

Don't worry the Goverment will just come up with other creative ways to get their hand in your back pocket, punish small business and reward their chosen ones.(Wall Street, GE, Key voting groups that depend on the gov and Gov unions)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

As I understand it, we could do away with all Federal Taxes if every man, woman and child just sent in $100 a year. That would be SO worth it.

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Not $100. Steve Forbes wanted and proved on paper that a 10% flat taxe for everyone would be more then enough. But of course it makes to much sense and would eliminate 1000's of jobs which would take 1000's of jobs with them and 1000's with them etc.
That's. Big reason behind a lot if things now. The government has gotten so big of that fattened calf that they can't stop now or the whole house of card will crumble to the ground.

Me I'm about ready to burn Rome to the ground.

Mike Draper

Me I'm about ready to burn Rome to the ground.

Its going to happen anyhow, its just a matter of time. WE may have a few years left if were lucky.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony

randy said:

As it never freaking fails, I have been searching for info on it here and there for a long time and could find nothing - I searched again today while working still didn't find anything - and just now after an hour of looking did find a few places that state it has been removed - however there is no guarantee of credibility, looks like you are correct - seems it has been shot down - and thankfully.

It is scary however how fast big brother could wreak major havoc in an already completely screwed up system with 2-3 sentences in a bill not directly intended for anything tax related.

I'll try to change the headline ;p

Name
steve snail

truckmount girl said:
As I understand it, we could do away with all Federal Taxes if every man, woman and child just sent in $100 a year. That would be SO worth it.

Take care,
Lisa

Did the quick down and dirty math, and you are pretty close. Fiscal 2009 "official" budget for the US was 3.5T. There are 307 M people in the US = $3.07T @ $100 per person. Within $400B give or take.

Name
steve snail
Lee Stockwell said:
307 million x 100 = 30,700,000,000 or only 30.7 BILLION

oopsie.

It's all bs anyway. The official number takes no account of unfunded mandates. Pick a number....it's all play.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dont forget half them numbers are KIDS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

which means the ADULTS are still paying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom