TCS videos...good stuff

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Impressive, I always like to see the service department an a large inventory of parts. I know nobody can have everything but it's nice to know that the common stuff is readily available.

Still one ugly assed machine but if it works and y'all attest to it working, then that's all that really matters.

Porkchop now I know why you want that convenience port like the Butler has......hide that ugly fooker when you close the door. :p

Looks like a great company to do business with! :icon_cool:

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know .... for some reason, I don't find them to be ugly. I guess I am may be in a minority on that. I took a picture of my rig at a upscale house the other week to possibly add to my website and I thought it looked really good.

My next rig, which is coming pretty soon, may be in one of those REALLY ugly (as ugly as your box trucks are) Nissan vans. Man those things are fugly! But I really like the idea of totally separating myself off from the cargo area and all that heat.

While my tools and equipment will still be open for theft, at least I can lock up my cab while cleaning.

Scott Rogers

"While my tools and equipment will still be open for theft, at least I can lock up my cab while cleaning"

that is why I set my truck up with TM and Hose reel in the back. i can lock all the equipment in the side doors and your not crawling over my running Tm to get to them. Its nice when your cleaning in the hood to know that nothing will be missing when I come out of the house Im cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My next rig, which is coming pretty soon, may be in one of those REALLY ugly (as ugly as your box trucks are) Nissan vans. Man those things are fugly! But I really like the idea of totally separating myself off from the cargo area and all that heat.
That helps in the summer to be separate but in the winter you won't get the benefit of the heat from the cab either. Does it get cold in the winter down there Porkchop?

hogjowl

Idiot™
No, Taco ... cold is never a major concern here.

Scott: Not to be contrary, but my only concern with that set up would be the potential for inadequate air flow. With all the other doors shut, you engine could be starved for cooling air. They say heat is a major issue with these lawnmower engines.

If I set up you way, I would consider putting a cage in behind the cab and hanging a radiator cooling fan on the cage to blow across the engine. That way I could crack the front windows and draw some cooling air in from outside. I have long considered that set up on my next rig. If I get a standard Chevrolet van again, I will certainly do that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did that with a propane driven Steam Genie many many years ago. It was a huge hassle but it did allow it to cool the engine 24-HP Onan to keep running in higher temps. We also had a roof vent over the motor and the heater was ducted out too. It gets hot here in the summer, today it's supposed to be 103. :eekk:

Will Duke

Thanks for pointing out the vids Mike. I was the only guy that was willing to get in front of the camera.

And for the kind comments - you guys are great!

Marty! Those Nissans can look good. But hanging a dang window AC unit from the divider? -you've got some explaining to do. Haha :)

You're right about airflow though - that's a big deal.

Have a great week y'all - go make some money!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You did a good job Will. I thought you were a paid spokesman at first, you speak well and don't seem bothered in front of a camera.

I pity you having to deal with sMarty all the time! :p You guys look like you have a nice operation there!

Scott Rogers

hogjowl;4229044 Scott: Not to be contrary said:
Well my kohler 25 hp lasted 9 years over 8k hours before the rear oil seal popped. instead of repairing I just replaced it. that engine owed me nothing at that point So put the new one on instead. My van get very hot inside for sure with that boiler going and the engine. but I dont feel my engine suffers from a lack of air flow.

Scott Rogers

Marty and Scott, are the majority of your competitors using TCS units?

I think 1 guy has two older not very well maintained TCS units. Also a couple of beat to crap butlers around here. One 3-4 year old Butler but he doesnt work much though that i see. One guy has a 405 its 10 years old and looking long in the tooth both Van and Unit.

My van is past due for replacement as well, but I have a new 2012 in the drive way now waiting for a bed liner and a new machine frame to refurbish my Accelerated. I Figure I should refurbish it before sticking it in the new van so it looks nice a pretty :winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Scott Rogers

8-thousand on an air cooled engine? Man, you need to keep paying on that one, she ran hard for you! :headbang:

Yep she out lasted 2 tiny tachs, 4 pressure guages,3 pressure regulators, 2 cat 290s, 12 pump belts and 3 couplers and 1 waste tank.
The only disappointment i had on my machine was the Aluminum waste tank. only made it 7 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom