Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Looks like they caught em:

Teens arrested for robbing carpet cleaner at gunpoint
Submitted by Cameron Easley, Community Web Producer
Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 1:01pm
15249997_BG1.jpg

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Police have arrested two teens who allegedly held up a man who was cleaning carpets at a North Charleston apartment complex in July.

North Charleston Police Department spokesman Spencer Pryor said 17-year-old Daquan Cannon and 19-year-old Quadell Cannon were arrested Wednesday night.

The incident happened at the Alston Arms Apartments on July 15 around 9:30 a.m., according to police. Police say the victim left an apartment that he was cleaning to fetch an invoice from the truck when the two teens robbed him at gunpoint in the parking lot.

The suspects made away with $220 in cash, according to the incident report.

Both teens are charged with armed robbery. Quadell Cannon is also charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime.

Copyright WCSC 2011. All rights reserved.
http://northcharleston.live5news.com/news/news/61917-teens-arrested-robbing-carpet-cleaner-gunpoint

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have a friend who cleans in the hood.

He went and got a concealed carry permit. He said he was nervous cleaning restaurants because you always have your back to the door and there is cash and liquor as a temptation. I am thinking about starting to pack myself. I would just keep it locked in the truck unless I was doing night work or had a job in a seedy area.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I was going to do that as well....when i had a few jobs in the hood....went to the class, paid the money....while filling out my paper FORGOT TO GET THE TEACHERS SIG ON IT :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x ...

This was like 2 mths after the class, so i figured i couldnt very well go back and say "HEY REMEMBER ME???"

shortly there after those accts moved....and i havent pursued it since

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
A gun? I would do some Steven Segall fighting on them

Joey it isn't really like the movies as my sons Sensei has taught him all thru his Martial Arts Training.

When I hear stories like this it makes me thankful we aren't a volume business.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
it sounds reasonable to pack a piece, but getting the "drop" on someone who is going to rob you is like winning the lottery (stasticially speaking). A close quaters gun fight requires split second speed, balls and training. And in my state there hasn't been published justified self defense shooting if forever. That being said I finally applied for my permit a few weeks ago. In most states (not you Texans) you have to prove beyond almight god you were in actual/immediate fear of your life, and only your life. You'll serve time in California for protecting your wallet.

And screw the permit folks. If you drop someone in a bonified situation of protecting your life, carring a loaded conceled weapon is the least of your worries in your defense. You think you need a gun in work or recreation situations then pack one and don't brag about it, just do it. What I'm trying to say is the permit isn't going to help your defence of the actual shooting in the slightest, at least not in my state.

Billy

Name
BH
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
it sounds reasonable to pack a piece, but getting the "drop" on someone who is going to rob you is like winning the lottery (stasticially speaking). A close quaters gun fight requires split second speed, balls and training. And in my state there hasn't been published justified self defense shooting if forever. That being said I finally applied for my permit a few weeks ago. In most states (not you Texans) you have to prove beyond almight god you were in actual/immediate fear of your life, and only your life. You'll serve time in California for protecting your wallet.

And screw the permit folks. If you drop someone in a bonified situation of protecting your life, carring a loaded conceled weapon is the least of your worries in your defense. You think you need a gun in work or recreation situations then pack one and don't brag about it, just do it. What I'm trying to say is the permit isn't going to help your defence of the actual shooting in the slightest, at least not in my state.

Agree 100% if you are trained in fighting or carry (open or concealed doesn't matter) you don't have to tell everyone & the worst thing to do is talk about what you might do on a public forum where lawyers will gather evidence against you for their own benefit if you are forced to defend your self.

If you do carry you really should read up on what your permit really does for you since in most areas it merely gives you a defense for carrying a weapon. You should also know your states laws regarding Stand your ground or must retreat if you can.

If you are robbed at gun point you may have to defend your self but in the end you could easily defend being in fear of your life.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I don't have too many custy's in Detroit anymore, but when I first started out I actually passed out tens of thousands of fliers in the hood, and got lots of cash business there. All cash no checks. PIA work though. At least 50% of the time the job would cancel or forget the appointment or not be there. Lots of dirty hard jobs. Now I rarely go there except I have a custy who owns about 75 rental houses there. I was doing a job one Saturday morning last year in a "nice" neighborhood and around the block some kid shot a guy in the head. Kids with guns. They're pretty dang scary.

15249997_BG1.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
At least you have a chnace if your packing

January 15, 2010
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A man at a car wash at 27th and Merriam Lane Friday morning shot two men who tried to rob him while he was washing his car. Police said two armed men in their 20s approached the victim and after taking his wallet, tried to take his car. The victim shot both men, and one has life-threatening injuries.

Both suspects were arrested and taken to the hospital. The second suspect was shot in the arm and did not have life-threatening injuries. That suspect was found in a car at 42nd and Shawnee with another person. That person was also taken in for questioning.

This happened right next to an Interlink store. One of the robbers died shortly after. Sad, but it sends a message to would be thugs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Billy said:
joeynbgky said:
When I hear stories like this it makes me thankful we aren't a volume business.

WTF does that have to do with anything ???
thugs don't roll in nice whitebread 'hoods to rob rich people??? :roll:

for that matter, some thug could bust a cap in your corny ass while you're stopped at traffic light

I HAVE professional close quarters handgun training
(16 hours and 600+ rounds of intensive (and often dangerous) close quarters combat training this June)
16 hours and 800+ rnds previously in advanced combative weapons training
and i ain't bragging ...no really, i ain't, but I'm pretty fcking good AND fast.
I'm ALWAYS in the top third of the class overall and top of the class in some things
ok, now i AM bragging :mrgreen:

and Informal "with purpose" training/practice weekly
I can draw from concealment and put 2 shots in an 8" circle @15 yrds in 1.6 seconds ...fo-reel

but as Scott said, if an armed (with a gun) thug gets the drop on you, you're more than likely screwed .

the victim of the robbery in this thread lost all tactical advantage in that encounter .
For him to pull his weapon when a thug had a gun in his face at point blank range was sure to be a losing proposition ..for HIM

Get armed, get TRAINED, but don't think the "tool" on your hip is the end all.
The MOST important tool you have is right between your ears .
Situational awareness increases your odds exponentially in not becoming a victim

~The Gun Snob~
(what I'm affectionately known as by a couple of my friends)
cause i make fun of their choice of inferior pistols :lol:

..L.T.A.

RickL

On The Forum "Glock Talk" there's a sticky thread called "Defining Moment (s) that lead to your decision to CCW".
It is pages and pages long and as Larry said it certainly didn't all happen in the hood! Quite the eye opening thread for me anyway.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
RickL said:
On The Forum "Glock Talk" there's a sticky thread called "Defining Moment (s) that lead to your decision to CCW".

Glock talk is a good site, Rick ...if you can wade past all the kool-aid drinkers and wannabes
(But that's not uncommon for most of the mega member sites)

separate the wheat from the chaff, and you can learn a lot over there

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

If the homies in the hood wanta busta cap in me My wife is set! But they're Momma's gonna be mad if the carpet man cant come and get out all the Koolaide and stains out da carpet.

Like they say "I love My Carpet Man." So gangster beware I'm the only thing between You passing that section 8 inspection Respect Word! 8)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
funny...cuz it was the same with me......
anyone that walked up on me...
would get a broom beating by some little old black lady..........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
RickL said:

Glock talk is a good site, Rick ...if you can wade past all the kool-aid drinkers and wannabes
(But that's not uncommon for most of the mega member sites)

separate the wheat from the chaff, and you can learn a lot over there

..L.T.A.

Sounds like another site I know. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom