Teflon Lips or "Magic Lips" Question

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
So I have this 14" vietnamese wand I got for free from tony years ago, never use it because the mouth of the wand is so big it has ZERO slot velocity and leaves carpet soaking wet,
I dont want to put more than 60 bucks in to this wand so that cancels out a regular glide,

But what about Teflon lips? Seems like these would close the gap between the lips of the wand providing more slot velocity.

John Watson

Lips are great if no glide, I used lips on my Quad for years before I got my first glide. Any teflon type device that reduces the friction is an added bennifit. I was able to use 2 lips and carried a fancy handled Pate' knife for an occasional clearing and adjusting slot width. With the lips it is also easy to adjust like going from holes to slots on the glide by just removing the rear lip compleatly, I saved and played with my older used lips by cutting them in 1 inch strips and putting 4 on the back lip the wand did seem to go easier for me and spacing near the edge helped me think I was acchiving that little bit of extra suck I like on the edges.. call George at Enviro-Clean 847-836-6461 He made and sold the lips I used.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lips work well on some wands, on other's they (don't) suck. You just need to buy a set to give it a try. They usually work better on wands with more rounded lips and wands with a wider dwell. You might also try calling glide manufacturers to see if they have an factory seconds or demo glides for your wand that can be had cheaply.

Take care,
lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom