Teflon wand lips?

G

Does anyone really like these??
You have to be kidding, don't they like, take away most of your vacuum slot?
I think they are a fools invention !
Let me put it this way, with only a 3/16 wide slot, I sure in the hell don't want to make it any thinner !!

Cheers, AL :D

John Watson

Allan, allan allen, Till you have tried them I would not knock them. I personally don't think the maker of slides should knock the maker of lips. I used them for 2 1/2-3 years and I will tell you I liked them. I had 2 of them on my quad jet, we pre vaced and had no problems. If we got a heavily soiled carpet or one filled with rice I would just pull 1 lip off which was better than no lips at all.

G

O.K. :oops:
But still, I would never want to narrow, my all ready skinny wand slot any more then it already is.
That seems to me that you would be seriously chocking air flow?

Like drinking from a 1/4 in straw, then narrowing it down to 1/8 in. :?:

AL

John Watson

What the heck you think a venturie is? don it creates faster suck??

Mine almost whistled Dixie.... LOL

DevilDog

The wand lips worked pretty damn well for me. I just got tired of replacing them so much. In fact, I think they worked as good as the glides...except for the ability to hold up well.

But of course they are so much cheaper also.

DevilDog

steve g

Name
steve garrett
remember when ken harris was recommending just using one lip?? that was a total joke, I ended up with a water damage using them instead of an extraction, 2 lips didn't work either on my wand it closed the hole nearly all the way. green glides, often imitated but never duplicated, there flat out isn't anything that compares trust me. keep in mind a guy doing just carpet cleaning should see 3 years from a GG. pretty small investment for the time it will last, hell even if they where 1k I would still buy them. I think the biggest difference is using a glide and then trying to push a wand that is unglided after using glides for so long, I think I would quit cleaning carpets if I had to go glideless

G

Greenie said:
Al, do all of your sliders have a 3/16" slot?
(YES)

How about we think a little bit :idea:
I tried to make sure that I had about the same "amount of hole value, to equal the same amount of 3/16 slot space. :D

If I grab a man by the throat, and squeeze about 1/2 his air pipe off,
Do you think he will just be breathing faster :?:

Sorry, I just won't buy it !
I think "lips" just solve one problem, at the cost of another. :shock:

Cheers, AL

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Al:

I looked at your website. The slides look like a great idea, and we hope you the best. In fact I'd love to buy my son a set. But there is one thing, that time will tell. As you may know, Aluminum is not very resistant to alkali. We have used aircraft aluminum wands (and vac tanks for that matter), and nothing compares to S.S. Also, with Aluminum attached to a S.S. wand, there is bound to be electrolysis occurring on the aluminum. I can give you some examples of this that TM manufactures have a problem with.

I may be wrong, but if you need to change materials, I would think it better to do so early in your endeavors.

Thx,
Dale

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I pulled my GG off this week and I feel like I am cutting the carpet. I wanted to see the difference and I am going back sunday

G

Dale said:
Hi Al:

I looked at your website. The slides look like a great idea, and we hope you the best. In fact I'd love to buy my son a set. But there is one thing, that time will tell. As you may know, Aluminum is not very resistant to alkali. We have used aircraft aluminum wands (and vac tanks for that matter), and nothing compares to S.S. Also, with Aluminum attached to a S.S. wand, there is bound to be electrolysis occurring on the aluminum. I can give you some examples of this that TM manufactures have a problem with.

I may be wrong, but if you need to change materials, I would think it better to do so early in your endeavors.

Thx,
Dale
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Dale,
You must have missed that the "Link" is (Hard coat Anodize) One of the strongest coating in the industry !
Rated: Excellent corrosion and abrasion resistance.
These will last a very, very long time.
Do a little research and you will see, thanks for your concern.

Slide on >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AL

A

Alan Wirth

My employees and I have been using the green glides for a few months now and I must say they suck. That's right, they suck and clean better than anything I have ever used and have improved the performance of my machine substantially.

I have one complaint.

Why didn't they have green glides 20 years ago when I bought my first truck mount!!!!!

Alan

G

Greatest Carpet Cleaner said:
I pulled my GG off this week and I feel like I am cutting the carpet. I wanted to see the difference and I am going back sunday

You may just need to de-burr any hi spots ?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hey Mr Slide:

Yes, anodizing the manifold will help in the situations that I mentioned. And I really like you idea, except for screwing the manifold on vs. spot welding. Won't you just special make me a S.S. manifold? Just think in the future, if they were S.S. new wand makers could start off with them on the wand.

Thx,
Dale

G

Dale said:
Hey Mr Slide:

Yes, anodizing the manifold will help in the situations that I mentioned. And I really like you idea, except for screwing the manifold on vs. spot welding. Won't you just special make me a S.S. manifold? Just think in the future, if they were S.S. new wand makers could start off with them on the wand.

Thx,
Dale

Dale, I could make a "Link" out of 303 s.s. for you but it won't be cheap.

The idea is to be able to easily take, and put back on, the "Link" any time you want, quickly and easily. So spot welding would require too much effort for the professional carpet cleaner to have to deal with.
I think this product is best kept as an add on accessory.

Thanks for your input, AL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom