tell me about websites!!!!!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
ok what is the scoop on having a website for your business, how much would a typical 5 page site cost to build?? also is there a maintaince fee outside of making changes and updating the site??

Name
I'm Rick James
Homestead websites has a 30 day free trial. $4.99 month for 5 pages after trial. Worth checking out.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Web.com did ours. Up to 6 Pages, they build and host it. Unlimited draft revisions on your initial build, then you can edit it yourself with the editor they provide. Very easy to do. They give you a 1-800 number to put on your site so you can track results and internet marketing and tracking. You get some tech support every month, but not much - we've never used it anyways, just do the edits ourselves.

The cost is very minimal, like $50 a month. That includes the build, hosting, toll free number, everything I have mentioned.

OH, yeah, NO CONTRACT either. You dont like it, you can drop it anytime.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And if you need a good web guy and you are in the Greater SAC area, PM me and I will get you his info.

Did I just say "Greater Sac"?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Just a strong word of caution regarding the first two replies (sorry guys) but if you go with those type, you are stuck with them.

Very rare for you to be able to swap your site completely off to another provider from my understanding.

Going to the Cermaks will give you a professional looking site.

If you're that way inclined, learning something like Dreamweaver and building your own is also doable depending on your time and personality.

Some of those earlier mantioned sites, once they have you by the short and curly's, they know they got you and start upping charges because most people will just accept it rather than go through the whole ordeal and cost of getting it all re done.

IMHO only of course :roll:

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, but if you are not using the advertising then maybe it's a good idea to revamp your entire website anyway.

homecc

I tried to make this short, but it just get growing and growing. Sorry about that. I just needed to get this out, because I really think this is very relevant to you discussion. Apology if I have made a miss judgment.

If you just want 5 good looking pages than it shouldn't cost you anything. Well, maybe a domain name and hosting service, but that is like $70/year. Thrust me, you can use that money to something much more valuable.

If you want to make a real promotion site to your business you need to do something. The website it self means nothing. What do I mean? I checked that website what was included on the first reply: PageRank: 0 (What Google thinks about your page...from 0 to 10. If you have PR 5 or more you rock!), Alexa rating: n/a (generally how many visitors you have) Age of Domain: 6 months. Literally no one has ever visited on that site in six months. No one even knows that it exists! Doesn't really sound like a promotion site to me. But don't get me wrong, It looks great. Really smooth colors, design looks really professional. Worth nothing, if nobody finds it.

You don't have to guess anything related to internet now days. Everything can be researched (by you, for free), every matter can be tested (by you, for free) and even a child can build good looking web pages with modern tools.

You will probably need some help on SEO and everything, but if you have some idea what you want, you don't get scammed so easily. Of course anyone will build you a website of 5 pages if you are willing to pay them. They will over charge you, but hay! You are the customer and you decide. It takes two hour and you have it up and running.

Now I know only basics of SEO. I'm still at the student level. BUT check my site rankings at Google. Make a search with home carpet cleaners and "home carpet cleaners". Where am I? My website is less than a month old and it has been on that particular spot from the start. Is my site something worth looking? Will people find information about that particular subject? Hardly, because I'm just building it (and that's the primary reason why I'm at this forum...if you are wondering...). And still...I'm ranking!

Now someone will probably say that you can build any kind of website and get to the first page by paying Google some money. That's very true. It's called AdWords. You get to the payed adds listing right beside the organic listing. Done properly, highly affective. You pay from every click people do on your ad. Here is something that people don't know...that particular cost is smaller if you are ranking highly on organic search...and that's tested fact.

Don't make a website just because you think you have to. It's a waste of money...and if you don't thrust my words then test it. You'll understand.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What's up Ville, welcome to this board.

I can't read the text on your site. It's too small. Are you selling something on that site or just for test purposes?.

BTW, I see you have a pic of the "Spot Bot". I was thinking of getting one and having a drawing , is it any good?.

Albert

homecc

Albert Lazo said:
What's up Ville, welcome to this board.

Thanks!

Albert Lazo said:
I can't read the text on your site. It's too small. Are you selling something on that site or just for test purposes?.

Sorry to hear that you can't read it. Try expanding your browser font size. It should be found somewhere under "options"-tag, depending on what browser you are using. It's for real alright, but it's also rather new. I try to collect information about the subject on home carpet cleaners, the products and the people.

Albert Lazo said:
BTW, I see you have a pic of the "Spot Bot". I was thinking of getting one and having a drawing , is it any good?.

Albert

Well, I don't want to give you any commercial spike in public (or people might get mad...) so I send you one of my own opinions through PM. And thanks for asking... ;o)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom