Temp at the wand......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So here ya go....listen to the wand and look at the temp......also after the dry stroke back across, and he started again...it for some reason spiked to 275 :shock: :shock: scared the hell right outa us....needless to say it was a big POOF of steam, with maybe a dribble of water to it

15 flow at 500 psi
r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxx7V-UYfIr]

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Not lying, Doug.

Here's 260º ATW, and the temp dial on the heater itself still has 42 more degrees to go, if I wanted to turn it all the way up.

heattest.jpg

Yes, that is too much heat, but a unit that can produce that kind of heat (260º - 280º), will also be able to handle any "heat needed for productive carpet cleaning" situation that you can throw at it; heavy soiling, restaurant grease, chewing gum, candle wax, dual wands, and cleaning in temperatures below 0º F, with dual or single wands.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Dustin (from Steamway - don't know if he still works there or not) and I got my Powermatic up to 294 degrees a few years ago. Very scary.

James

Name
Lee Stockwell
Got my Bane up to 305 F. once (pegged the gauge). Had a kero post heater and the flow switch puked. I held the trigger wide open while one of the boys ran to the truck to shut it off.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
230 to 240 all day long is where I like it personally.

Beyond that, there's a noticeable point of diminishing return... and I think it's because past a point, it comes out more of a vapor at those temp's, which evaporates on the way to the carpet much faster and has less ability to flush.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I try to keep it from pissing all over the carpet after I let off the trigger. I usually run it at 240.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Duane Oxley said:
230 to 240 all day long is where I like it personally.

Beyond that, there's a noticeable point of diminishing return... and I think it's because past a point, it comes out more of a vapor at those temp's, which evaporates on the way to the carpet much faster and has less ability to flush.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT...

So maybe i should have clarified myself all that time ago...

you can get there...but what good is it doing you if there is no LIQUID...lol

so maybe i am the idiot :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
havent seen any??

did you get my PM with an addy?

and me asking nicely shiteatinggrin

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i run at 240 single and 195-205 dual wand. and that with dwell time works the best for me. i experimented with 240 and the extra fuel it cost to get it that hot wasnt worth the performance it was yeilding. and really the only place i will bump it up to 230-240 i a greasy restaraunt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom