Temp & production

CL

I"am considering a new AT.

In reading this board, it appears that 210 is what can be expected in dual wand cleaning. Is this true, or can it be higher?

I have a Steam way unit that will get as hot as you want it to. Of course its not a dual wand unit, but when you get used to that much heat it's hard to not want it in a new unit.

Also, how many dual wand and what % of the time? All things being equal,could one reasonably expect to add two or three extra jobs per day dual wanding? ie: average 4 rooms & hall 1000 sqft.

G

Don't read into numbers. Ride with someone that owns one. Duel wanding you get awesome heat. You will be much happier with an AT than a powermatic and you will be happy with the heat.

Dave

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
The AT can produce significantly more than 210 for dual wands!
We run 2- Ti wands with 6- .0015 jets (total 9) and can maintain 260 degree's. I'm in kennesaw Georgia and your welcome to ride along or try my truck to see actual temps.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Actually 260+ degrees at the machine. We have had it up to 280 but at that temp. even with check valves the wand drips and the valve pops.
Also at that temp. we are afraid the solution hose will explode.
We set the machine at 240 and it runs around 260 ATM, I'm sure it will go higher, but I do not feel it is worth the risk!
I do not own a "lie detector" but would welcome the opportunity to set one up and see at the wand temps, and have said so on this board before, so anyone in the Atlanta area that wants to play with my machine is welcome!
We run dual wand / upholstery tools around 30% of the time.

P.S. Chad... I am an IICRC Master, IICRC Certified firm, 29+ year veteran, and I have a profile and it is actually filled out properly.
Whats your story? Doubt me? Try me !
I stand behind everything I say right or wrong and am willing to be put to the test... can you say the same???

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Tom

I don't think Chad was challenging your intelligence, but asked a question.

260 at the machine doesn't mean 260 at the wand.

I am curious also.

By the way who the hell would want that temp at the wand.

Greenie

note to self, Sell Tom more hose soon, cause he is gonna need it running 30º over rating consistently.

Tom's got the school bus yellow, time for some Blue!

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Greenie:

You are so right! Today it was a single wand small job this a.m. and set at 240 the machine was running 270 ATM with fresh water only 120 degrees. We will see on this afternoons job...
I am sure this hose will need to be replaced with a higher temp version, and then perhaps I can run the truck a little hotter yet.
280 degrees seems to be all the wand will take too... so perhaps that will need some modifications as well.
I would like to run about 300 ATM if possible, I have played with the machine and I think it can do it no problem, but I will need to replace ALL the hoses on the machine as well.
MORE POWER !!!!!!

Greenie

I wouldn't run this at the wand per se' but i do have a 300º hose with a urathane coating, plastic core, and stainless steel braid (note I said stainless).
I would run this the first 50-100' off the reel for the heat spike and to better protect in a LIVE reel situation, you can leave a section coiled on the reel with no stress on heat damage, it's long life hose, and more expensive but worth every penny for the AT/V/Fuel burner guys.

The Blue GG KMA hose actually holds up well at 240º but I ain't gonna guarantee it.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
What does it weigh? I really like the weight difference between the yellow I purchased from you and the neptune crap. I want better hose, but I hated the heavy neptune hose. Is there another hose without the braid that will handle the heat? I'm old and lazy... that's why I bought the AT and glides...lol

Scott Rogers

Tom, I can run high temps too, but do you really feel it necessary to run 300 on a regular basis? I can see the occasional greasy restaurant, but never in a residence. I am very please with a sustained 240-260.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I probably won't run that temperature very often either, but it would be nice to have that option if I wanted it. You are right, its darn hot now!
I've even told Aero Tech that they need to include a few pair of gloves in their start up package.

maybe I'm just a little like Tim Taylor from "tool time" MORE POWER!

Greenie

turn the flow up, keep the heat steady....

until you give the 012 flow a try. you won't quite know.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
from my research on the heat stuff...be very careful above the 250 range...cuz while it doesn't happen often, if you ever popped a hose at that temp....ohhh watch out....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh also forgot to note that when you get that high...it doesn't help anymore anyway...when the wands pops and hisses its only vapor.....so :::::pOOF:::::: there went your flushing ability

Back
Top Bottom