Temprapedic Mattress Cleaning

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
From what I understand, if the memory foam gets too wet it can harden. I was thinking of just misting and vacuuming with upholstery tool and some trashed green label. Should I bust out the Saphire low moisture tool or is it not necessary ?
Thanks

Name
Nate W.
You really need to do very good pre inspections... Tempurpedic mattresses can have pre existing mold problems... Just look up tempurpedic mattress mold on google... We've had a moving company ask us to clean one where the shipping container leaked and caused mold... We advised to buy a new one for liability reasons... The pictures they sent were pretty bad... It really made us start pre inspecting memory foam mattresses a lot better...

To date, we have never cleaned a Tempurpedic mattress.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If the characteristics of Tempurpedic foam are in any way similar to other types of upholstery cushion foam, I would be VERY careful to not let any moisture migrate too deep within it.

I made the mistake once of trying to hack out several inner foam upholstery cushions by submerging them in a tub try to flush out Chihuahua pittle.

They absorbed so much water that they weighed 25 pounds heavier when I tried to take them out, and it took me a week to fully dry them out.

The cell structure of such foam must be so complex and integrated that any liquid will continue to migrate deeper and deeper within.

Fooking things were fully saturated and they would barely even drip.

Had to SpaceBags them for a day each to squeeze and extract all the water out of them.

Big mistake.

Name
Nate W.
If the characteristics of Tempurpedic foam are in any way similar to other types of upholstery cushion foam, I would be VERY careful to not let any moisture migrate too deep within it.

I made the mistake once of trying to hack out several inner foam upholstery cushions by submerging them in a tub try to flush out Chihuahua pittle.

They absorbed so much water that they weighed 25 pounds heavier when I tried to take them out, and it took me a week to fully dry them out.

The cell structure of such foam must be so complex and integrated that any liquid will continue to migrate deeper and deeper within.

Fooking things were fully saturated and they would barely even drip.

Had to SpaceBags them for a day each to squeeze and extract all the water out of them.

Big mistake.

:eekk::clap:

Back
Top Bottom