Tencel

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Anybody ever clean one. I looked at a new one on the showroom floor that had a water mark. Feels exactly like viscose. I told her I would happily give it a try but the odds were it wouldn't come out. I'm not even sure it's wet cleanable.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The manufactures website recommends a powder cleaning. No hwe. Still waiting on the go ahead from the building manager. They have to replace it or let me try to fix it. Even if I can remove the water mark it also has a purple stain possibly minerals from the pavers outside.

Gene

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The purple may be from a reducing agent already applied. Look at thread "viscose rugs how are you cleaning them" and Canadian russ reply

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The purple may be from a reducing agent already applied. Look at thread "viscose rugs how are you cleaning them" and Canadian russ reply

its a brand new rug on a showroom floor, it hasn't been cleaned. water came in from the outside and left a very distinct water mark. the purplish area is very similar in color to the outside pavers.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Gene it is probably not worth doing but if you do, use cold water only and very low pressure to avoid matting and streaking. You might try an oriental shampoo with a rotary machine and finish with a browning treatment for the water stain. If you still have some purple staining try something like stain magic after it has dried. Good luck with it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene it is probably not worth doing but if you do, use cold water only and very low pressure to avoid matting and streaking. You might try an oriental shampoo with a rotary machine and finish with a browning treatment for the water stain. If you still have some purple staining try something like stain magic after it has dried. Good luck with it.

If they approve it its at their risk. I'll start simple and then go for broke. I'll get paid to experiment so it will be a good experience.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I did did little research on tencel and it looks like it's made from wood pulp, kinda like paper. Let us know what happens Gene.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If they want to clean it I'll take some pictures. It doesn't have a label I looked. I got the info from the decorator.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene-- read the above post again and proceed as u wish.... with caution, with signed weaver or running away.

Thanks John, I already know what it is. Just curious if anyone has ever cleaned one. We never use waivers, we are a hand shake company. Never had a problem in over 25 years.

Reactions: Papa John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom