Tennis elbow...

-JB-

Name
JB
feels more like trigger finger, anyone else dealt w/this?

Any suggestions?

OUCH! :evil:

Name
George Valliant
Not so much the elbow these days as much as the shoulder (old snow skiing injury).

Lately, i do half the job right handed and half the job left handed.

It takes a little while to get comfortable but before you know it you're just as co-ordinated using either.

Of course a glide w/feather touch valve ain't a bad idea.

Name
George Valliant
just remembered that Walmart, and probably walgreens, sells a special strap that you sinch down just below your elbow.

It helps hold the hurt muscle/tendon tight against the bone until it heals up.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
http://banditelbowbrace.com

I've got tendonitis (tennis elbow) in both arms.

I saw my family physician at the onset over four years ago. Doc is an Olympic medal-winner and knows sports medicine. He said, "There's good news and there's bad news. The good news is you'll be fine in three years. The bad news is you'll be fine in three years."

It's taken longer for me to heal because cleaning carpet aggrivates the condition.

Glided tools help a lot.

The Band-It straps really provide relief. I wear them all the time. Band-Its work a lot better than plain straps because of their rigid plates. I get them from my chiropractor, but they are widely available.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
JB, i've had TE for 7 years or so. cortisone shots helped very briefly, and you can only get a few of them. i then bought a magnet bracelet...that helped alleviate the pain a lot. wear it all day, take off at night. is only a bandaid, as it doesn't fix anything.

what helped me the most was changing how i did business...sold me HWE equipment and switched to VLM. but a Steamin Demon isn't like wanding i ASSume...so idk what would be the right "change" for you :?

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
ibuprofen- a nurse told me its much more than a pain reliever it reduces the inflamation which enables the area to heal so if you can keep the inflamation down for a while its good -without overtaking it

a barbell with no weights- rest forearms on knees hold bar with back of hands up - bend wrists up and down(reverse wrist curls?)
until you cant do anymore every day 60-100 or so- takes at least amonth to get better than add a little weight if you want but it should be very high reps-this builds strength around area taking strain off- if you try to add weight to fast it will just get worse

as a carpet installer for 17 years this is serious business another installer told me cutting down on sugary foods also reduced pain

when i first started using a wand it hurt but went away after a while- that muscle probably just had to be built up a little

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hiyas Joel :D

yea make sure you take the ibu with food!!!

that magnet forearm wrap above looks perfect!

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh for crying out loud....

would you two just hug and get it over with already!

Jeeeze! :roll: there's a PM feature for a reason you know, now lets get back on subject here, my elbow danggit! :evil:

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
currently getting ultrasound and graston treatments from my chiropractor 3 times a week for my TE. Helped tremendously. I am on my third and final week.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Joel D said:
ibuprofen- a nurse told me its much more than a pain reliever it reduces the inflamation which enables the area to heal so if you can keep the inflamation down for a while its good -without overtaking it

Take it easy on the ibuprofen. I took too much for a brief time when the TE started (four years ago) and my stomach still hasn't recovered.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i don't know what the gastron is, but i had ultrasound, electro-therapy, acupuncture, physical therapy & deep tissue massage....to name just a few.

nothing worked for me, short of quitting what i was doing that was irritating the tendons.

but for some ppl these things do work!

Al

Graston treatment, they rub back and forth over the area with a tool that reminded me of a bone scrapper for carpets only a little bigger. They put it on edge and rub extremely hard to break up the mess in the tendons and what ever, it leaves a black and blue mark. It works though.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
actually, it does sound interesting. they never tried that on me.

oh you will feel the pain JB....YOU WILL FEEL IT AND LIKE IT!

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Al is correct. It is stainless steel bone scrappers. He rubs it till my arm turns red then ices it down for 5 min. Don't know if it works or not. I do know the ultrasound with the biofreeze gel makes it feel real good for awhile.

Spurling

too much Ibu will cause stomach bleeding and constipation .. too much sugary foods will cause your body to become too acidic which the extra acid will store in your joints and cause inflamation ..

your body needs to be ph balanced .. just like your carpet .. piss on a ph strip too see where youre at (1st piss of the day).. takes alot of fruits and fresh veg to return to the alk/neutral side .. takes 32 glasses of water to neutralize a can of soda .. you need to eat 20% acidic foods to 80% alk .. give up dairy,bread, fast foods,soda,beer,refined sugar etc.. if you want to reduce your inflamation naturally .. drink lots of water .. that should do it ..organic sugar is alk forming so that would be ok

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom