Terrazo-Oil/Tire Rings-Advice PleAsE!!

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Have a local tire shop that had tires sitting flat on them like a doughnut...

OLD floor

Lots of brownish black circles, tint of yellow to them.

Am I wasting my time? He said everyone in town has said they will never come out. Oil has soaked into Terrazo. I'm up for a try.

My plan: Please any suggestions would be great

17" 175
EXTREME Green stripping pads-Stronger than Black pads
High Strength Stripper
Possible Spotters: Areosol Solvent, Alcohol or WD-40
New Mop Head with Bucket Heater for Final mop

Am I an idiot?? Is WD or Alcohol gonna do it??? Or the Aerosol???

Rinsing with TM won't do any good will it??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
K Larry! Thanks! So no on the CitrusSolv I have from u???? All my other POG's are encapsulating I believe for carpet.

And reducer, not oxidizer?? I always have ALOT of Fab. Brightener. I do have some Von Schrader Sodium Bisulfite

Can I mix the Bi-Sulfite or reducer with the stripper or do them separate?? Or what is going to be most effective order???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I have dry cleaning powder but no poultice powder. Will the poultice powder have to sit overnight??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Am excuse my ignorance?? But you guys are stripping and WAXING terrazzo right?? Or Am I reading some are just doing sealer?????

Local college here I believe is doing the diamond pads of grinding??? On their Terrazzo.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Jordan , yes you can put acrylic finish or sealer on terrazzo I have did this multiple times. A tire shop will not likely want to pay to have you do the diamond impregnated pad thing. Im gonna disagree with larry on this one and say that I think that yellow might be there to stay. This phenomenon is called off gassing I believe. Its kind of like when you strip a vct floor and the rubber matt that sits infront of the doors leaves a yellow square. Or when a rubber floor matt is left on carpet I have seen it leave the same yellow impression. I think it has to do with rubber and a chemical transfer of sorts that occurs over time. If im not mistaken they discussed off gassing in an iicrc hard surface course I took. You can try smearing what ever larry recommends on there but I don't know of any way to correct the yellow rings as that sounds like a text book example of offgassing . I would put it out there to your client that a significant improvement may be in order but likely the yellow will be there to stay

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
dude more than likely your stripper will have a shit ton of butyl in it so axe all those misc. solvents like the alchohol and what not. the stripper might be good but test it in a hidden spot and scrub a very small portion with a center hole or a putty knife and find out if there is old floor finish on the floor or not. If there isn't any floor finish you can probley just get away with some purple power layed down in a mop bucketscrub with the 175 and possible hot water rinse with the tm if your really trying to be a hero. The way delimo costs these days I wouldn't waste some 50 dollar a gallon solvent on tire shop when a nice wallop of some 5 dollar a gallon purple power will likey take you where you wana go:icon_cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom