Terrazzo floor cleaning and electrical sockets

There were four ground outlets on the terrazo floor. Three of them had screw covers over them. One was bare. I put masking tape over them which was not a good idea. I moped the solution down and stepped off the floor to get the buffer ready. Then I saw the lights start flickering and smoke coming from one of the outlets. Then the lights went out. If I had been standing on the wet floor, I could have been shocked real good. Next time I'll know to shut the power down to the floor outlets and use better tape.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: i guess I am lucky to be alive.

danielc said:
There were four ground outlets on the terrazo floor. Three of them had screw covers over them. One was bare. I put masking tape over them which was not a good idea. I moped the solution down and stepped off the floor to get the buffer ready. Then I saw the lights start flickering and smoke coming from one of the outlets. Then the lights went out. If I had been standing on the wet floor, I could have been shocked real good. Next time I'll know to shut the power down to the floor outlets and use better tape.

"TRUST...but...veRaFy".... :roll:

Could you PleasE...produce...PhOtO'S... :p :p :p :p :lol: :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

It's good to learn from training and/or common sense as well. 8) :mrgreen: !gotcha!

Good to have you back with us. lol

You probably should check your "Shorts" shiteatinggrin
Budumpbump...lol...oh I just kill me.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Doh! Good job Homer. Next time, put a fork in the socket to see if it's live.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Art Kelley said:
Doh! Good job Homer. Next time, put a fork in the socket to see if it's live.
LMAO

128771387236515319.jpg

There's just too many of them

images

4001.png

The floor had a rug and red pad on it for years. I saw the red staining and was confident that would come out. There was also some pet damage that went through to the floor. The floor had a brownish staining to it as well. I stripped/scrubbed the floor real good and rinsed. The red staining went away, but the brownish staining remained. Can something like that be polished out, or is the staining permanent?

IMAG01121.jpg

IMAG01071.jpg

IMAG01081.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
What is WRONG with your Camera....?????

BTW....Did you take any "AFTER"...pics...... :p :lol: :mrgreen:

The floor is PERMANTLY stained... :!:
The ONLY hope is to have IT..Diamond GrounD... :idea:

Even THEN...some STAINS....will STILL be present.. !gotcha!

Daniel...are you sure it is Terrazo...?

It looks like a product..We used to installl...The seams had to be Heat-Welded...!!!

http://www.armstrong.com/commflooringna ... 7sZ1z141y8

Just asking...? it looks very similar.. :!:

Terrazo...should NOT be waxed IMO... !gotcha!

Could MY ...#1 DRAFT CHOICE...David Sweeney...please ...ChiMe In..!!!!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Armstrong Medintec and other linoleum style floors had to be heat welded for health purposes and some people choose to have this done in their homes and business as well.

But doesn't look like medintec or a heat welded vinyl product. It looks more like a lighter Terazzo, but with the quality of photos... it would be hard to say.

Another example of lighter Terazzo
007.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
When you find a "Better tape"...let me know what it is........

the scary part is..is that they should of been GFI or at least wired in line to a GFI circuit......you sending up smoke signals and almost burning down the joint would tell me they are not............

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
looks terrazo....but i am with harp........

GET A BETTER CAMERA/PHONE MAN...

for the $$$ you charge, dump that walmart special

the pet stains just go right on through the cementious part...kinda like why they use acid to clean...and a solvent to penetrate...they go right on through...

why not just polish this???

there are gonna be peel mark and dings and shit in a waxed floor in about 2 weeks...

bah why people put a TOPICAL coating on

A something it doesnt adhere to that great to begin with
B in an area it has no business being on
C one thats fairly easy to remove ANYWAY

danielc said:
Then I saw the lights start flickering and smoke coming from one of the outlets. Then the lights went out. If I had been standing on the wet floor, I could have been shocked real good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Water and electricity and stupidity. This place would not be the same without you.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAe0PDnicsp]

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Daniel, did you use the world's first color camera to take those pics? :mrgreen:

The red staining went away, but the brownish staining remained. Can something like that be polished out, or is the staining permanent?

Usually a polish wont take care of it. Honing may but you'll have to match the sheen of the sourrounding floor. If you can't match it you may have to do the whole floor including edges for a uniform sheen / polish. A poultice with hydrogen peroxide may work or lighten it some but it doesn't sound like that's what you charged for.

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Definitly not torginol Lee, We use to put those floors in for years for the local university or commercial building before polished concrete became popular. While cleaning out the warehouse about a month ago, we found all of the old torginol left over product: The chips, the resisins etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom