Testing the UltraFlow filter...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Here's a one- time offer to one person...

I need one person here on Mikey's to test and report back on the UltraFlow filter.
For this test, I'll make one available for $300, plus shipping.

That's just a little more than two "Leaf Guard" filters...

The cost of this filter will be $650 soon...

It has a 3" FPT port for the blower (can be connected to a 3" hose, or bushed down to 2.5", or even 2"),
and a 2.5" FPT port for the wand connection (can be used at 2.5" or 2").

No system made is too large... or too small, to connect to it.

Actual filter capacity is 4.5 gal., give or take.

The container is aluminum. The basket is 304 stainless, including the handle.

It's 1/8" holes allow it to filter everything but sand, basically.

DSCN1331.jpg

DSCN1327.jpg

DSCN1330.jpg

[/i]

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Jerry...

I can do better than that. Take a Guinness label, stick it on the housing and seal it in with a coat of clear lacquer... :eek:)

T

The Magician

Duane, that's a pricey filter. Could buy a full waste tank for that much.

T

The Magician

Ok ,Duane going to shop some price checking on the tanks. I know where to get get deals on SS filter with 2.5 in/outlets with attached 5 gal chem holder. I hope my chem. samples are on the way? Thanks

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
R W said:
Does Marty get it free........??????

Hey, Bob...

No, but the next best thing... below cost. The main thing now is to get some out in the hands of people who can report back on them.

It's a similar thing to what I do on new truck mounts. When a new model comes out, I sell it to someone local to me at a seriously deep discount. That way, if there is a bug to be worked out, I'm super- close by and can get right on it, and they're pre- compensated for their helping me with the testing and evaluatioin. The difference here is that, while I can sell a tank below cost, I can't afford to sell a TM that way.

These tanks can't "break down", unlike a truck mount, however, so selling one to someone at a distance... even if it's "untested", isn't a risk. It's more of an advertisement...

(The idea that something like this could be seen as, "untested" is pretty funny, actually, when you stop and think about it. Reminds me of the following joke, from "Brother Dave Gardner" a comic from the 1960's...)

"Jossie Louis, get away from that wheel barrow! You know you don't know nothin' about machinery!"

Fon Johnson

You get what you pay for. That is why I don't really worry what I pay for Duane's chemicals. I really don't care if they cost me 2 or 3 times what others do. They save HOURS in labor, and they keep the business fun. I have a pool filter which was cheaper, but good grief.. it was not worth it.

lance

Duane, what happens to the waste water within the air stream as it goes through the filter? Looking at your design, it seems to me that the water will drop down into the filter lodging any lint against the back/bottom wall of the screen.

If this happens, won't that water level have to rise up to be evacuated by the TM side of the vacuum? And if the water level rises doesn't it also lift the lint,etc. up as well? The lint would then be sucked up against the filter on the TM vac side of the screen and would probably cause the airflow to decrease.

I think this would be avoided if there was a large enough space between the screen and filter body as to allow full airflow even with the screen full of matted down lint. Your design looks like the screen and filter body are very close together when using it.

The body and screen look very well made. That you for showing the pics.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Duane, what happens to the waste water within the air stream as it goes through the filter?

I'm not sure how to answer that... It's filtered. Not trying to sound "smarty" here...

Looking at your design, it seems to me that the water will drop down into the filter lodging any lint against the back/bottom wall of the screen.

No, the airflow is actually diverted downward in two ways:

1. The lid itself has a diverter .

2.) The airflow is through the bottom of the tank. There is a secondary wall that ensures that. The "gap" between the wall and exterior wall is 14 sq. in., providing more than enough area to do the job, yet not impede airflow noticeably.

If this happens, won't that water level have to rise up to be evacuated by the TM side of the vacuum?

No, it can't rise. It's evacuated from the bottom of the tank.

And if the water level rises doesn't it also lift the lint,etc. up as well?

Non- applicable / Irrelevant with this design.

The lint would then be sucked up against the filter on the TM vac side of the screen and would probably cause the airflow to decrease.

Non- applicable / Irrelevant with this design. If that could happen and did, it would, but it can't.

I think this would be avoided if there was a large enough space between the screen and filter body as to allow full airflow even with the screen full of matted down lint.

There's a gap of 1.5" on all sides of the filter, between the wall and filter mesh... 8)

Your design looks like the screen and filter body are very close together when using it.

Nope... I specifically designed against that. The blower connection comes in at the level it does, in order to allow that hose to go over a wheel well, if desired. That way, it can be installed against a wall, behind the wheel well, at the back of the van. It's designed for versatility of installation.

I toyed around with various design concepts for quite some time, before feeling good about the result, given my design goals. This one has none of the potential problems that you mention.

Scott Rogers and Marty will soon have one each to verify what I'm saying here...

The body and screen look very well made. Tha(nk) you for showing the pics.

They are. And you're welcome... 8)

By the way... the Suitcase UltraFlow has the same features (minus the over- the- wheel- well hose position, since it's not designed to have an option of being mounted behind the wheel well...)... plus it's designed to not be able to tip over as well...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom