Text Messaging Marketing

CarpetKING

Was wasndering if anyone had tried text messaging marketing with your existing customers. If so what kind of results have you had?

DRScrivner

Personally THE ONLY way I would do it is with written permission of the recipient.

You do not know if they have to pay for text messages or not.

It would really, really suck to lose a repeat client over costing them .35 for a text message that annoyed them.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I know a guy with a cleaning company in Dublin that uses it all the time, but in Ireland everyone uses cell phones (because the old reliable land line company was so non-responsive they got left behind) and text messaging is part of the package.

I'm hacked about the text message advertising I get though, it feels just like telemarketing or fax blasting. I used to respond to tell them to stop, but now just delete them after reading just enough to see what company I'll never do business with.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
You would get better results attaching a note to a brick and throwing it through their living room window.

CarpetKING

LOL nice one Gary. The reason I mentioned it is alot of my regular customers communicate with me via text message.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
then test out some personalized text message marketing.

Make a default text message that you can pull up, and have it so that you can enter in the person's name. Print a list of your regular customers who do communicate with you via text message and one by one on your down time throughout the day send off texts to those numbers. There is also something you can get called motorola phone tools that lets you send text messages from your computer. That might make things easier.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've scheduled more than a few jobs from customers texting me.

but I don't think I would market to that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom