Thank you Greenie! 2.5 + Bayco etc...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My goodies arrived, all but the Greenhorn wand. Very fast shipping, instant on the phone tech support from the man himself. Very impressed.

It took me 7 different kinds of wrenches, a can of WD-40 and 2 or 3 hours to get my 2.5" elbow off my waste tank so the bayco could screw on. (Why put the ports so close White Magic?) I tell ya, my truck mount is screaming right now.

Just the 2.5 in hose made a big difference. I set it all up before I went out on my job as soon as it arrived. It was just a set of stairs 3 towns over. (Water damage obligation work) I could tell the difference.

I can't wait now that I got the bayco on. I have another hour and I'll get to test it out. I will definetly report dry times once I get my greenhorn too.

I did something different, and you all might think it's interesting:

I ordered 100 ft of 2", and 100 ft. of 2.5".

I put 50 ft. of 2" on the hose real, velcro strapped it to the 2.5", put the 100 ft of 2.5" on, took my next section, cut it down to about 7 foot, leaving 43 foot left. I then put the 7 foot on as a whip so I can run the 2.5 almost all the way. If I am a little short, I will grab the 43' of 2 in (coiled and hung) to make up. If I am doing a long run, I will grab the 50 ft of 2" ffrom the end of the reel and bring it up along with the 43'. I think that should cause the least amount of trouble for me.

My distrib was joking, telling me I was going to have a hell of a time with that 2.5".

WRONG! the 2.5" hose greenie sells is way more flexible and easy to manage than the 2" hose that came with my machine. And the superflex? fuggheddaboudit! it's just as good as my 1.5" whip, if not better!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i have been bumping prices all over the place....and no one is flinching....

well the janitor service i do work for has raised an eyebrow..i just said "hey you want the good work?? and done in a timly manner??"

I charged about 1/2 again as much on a PITA job...and no questions were asked...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I need that wand to get shipped in... And quick! My POS wand is literally imploding under the force. It is leaving a wet streak right down the middle as the wand lips slap shut against each other. And the wand was just glued to the floor.

Hey, I got an idea, cooler than cool cuffs.... I notice, by running my shorty 2" whip into my 2.5, there is a lot of space between the hoses. None of this space flexes... It's about 12" of solid not gonna budge, which causes all kinds of interesting hose activity.

Here's the cool fix: FLEX CUFFS! or SUPERFLEX CUFFS, or THE AMAZING BENDYCUFFS! If you could find some way to make cuffs to connect different size hoses together, without any noticable hang-up... ie: hoses act as one, you could make a killing. Nobody would care if they came apart every now and again if they were that bendy. Maybe if I get some swivel cuffs this might change, but I might have to break down and do a 20 foot whip.

Name
Jesse
Gary, drill a screw in the center to push the lips apart on that wand. It will catch hair balls but it will work for the time being.

1tigers

The first job i did with greenies 2.5", i cleaned the first room and checked the carpet ,it was soaked.Then i checked wand and it was sucked shut.Butler 14" wand.

Greenie

Sorry guys, should have warned you about that wand sucking shut stuff.
The glides usually prevent this.

Glad to see Gary's local store carrying the high performance stuff.

Gary, put that 43' on the lead, you will still have amazing vacuum, that cuff connection 7' behind you is reserved for empties....lol

Pretty cool having a single wand Vortex, ain't it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I've posted this several times in several places, but after I first heard about the bigger hose, I had a dream that I was cleaning on a vortex with hoses that were like 6 or 8 or 12 inches... I kept going on to my customers about how much I loved cleaning with that setup because I was the only one in the world doing it, but secretly I was hating that giant hose.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Okay, no wand yet, but with my old wand and a double-up on dry-passes I was not getting any real amount of water on my hand after five minutes, and after 20 minutes with the airpath I was dry to the touch, and my meter wasn't being set off everywhere, but a few places.

This was done first on a low pile cheap nylon, and then a medium grade thick pile nylon. I imagine I'm screwed if I don't double up the dry-passes. Don't know if it's worth it. I hope the greenhorn makes a difference, that I don't have to double up my dry passes and I can still get it dry to the touch in a couple of minutes.

I would have to say, my realistic dry time, with extra passes is probably an hour, but I didn't feel like waiting around for that extra time to find out for sure.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
As promised, my greenhorn arrived today. I was doing a big out of town job and couldn't pick it up 'till the end of the day. No more work today to try it out. I'm excited though. I think I'm kicking the teddy bear out of bed and snuggling up with my new wand. I've been advised that may lead to bruises if I roll over too fast.

I will post my take on the wand after I get to use it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Well, I used my wand today. It was on an old 4th or 5th generation sculpted nylon carpet, which can be pretty absorbent. I cleaned the first room, and ran my hand across it. I WAS PISSED! It felt just the same, maybe even worse than it did with my old lower flow wand. It felt like it was going to take 2 hours to dry. I was ready to finish that job, and go put little girly jets in my new wand.

I set the airpath up, it was dry with a meter in less than 45 minutes. The same in every room in the house. DRY DRY DRY! I could actually put the furniture back. I guess there is a lot to say as to where the moisture is. It's okay if the carpet PILE is a little wet, what you've got to worry about is the water in the carpet BACKING. There was none in the backing. The carpets all dried in 30-45 minutes backed up with a moisture probe reading.

I am very pleased.

Oh, BTW, it was really really clean when I was done too!

Rex Tyus

It's okay if the carpet PILE is a little wet, what you've got to worry about is the water in the carpet BACKING. There was none in the backing.

I suppose this is due to the angle manifold you can get made at any machine shop for under $15 right.

:roll:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Of Course. :roll:

My employer just had extra money he needed to waste so I let greenie rip me off. It's a scam I got going on my employer. Embezzlement through high performance equipment. :roll:

The way I see it, anybody who knows what they are doing can play a less claypool (Primus) bass riff... How 'bout givin the man a little credit for WRITING IT!

Sure, after you hear about it and study it you can re-produce it, but I challenge you to come up with the idea. Kinda like how some people think it's stupid to pay for shareware.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom