Thankful for some good work this winter

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
As we all experience especially in colder climates, work hits a slow down....

The work isn't killing us slammed busy, but we have been fortunate to see some nice jobs come in.

Yesterday we knew we had some nice jobs, and with the second van being down the past couple days, it made it more difficult to keep up (THANKFULLY!)

And Thankfully, yesterday the second van was done in time for the last larger job.

We knew it was a good portion of carpet cleaning we could have handled with one van (and more time) but when we arrived....

They added a LARGE sectional and asked us to do wall to wall cleaning including under beds and dressers :eekk: and a few cheaper area rugs.....

:rockon:KaChing!!!!!

$450 job now went to $1100 :biggrin::clap::rockon:

Thank you second van!

And it was all hands on deck!

Both the son in law and I were super sore in the arms and legs last night and today....

We are not in the same shape as running and gunning mode from the summer.

Monday....we have one job that keeps calling and adding work....they are now up to $1800...and that is the second job of the day! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Yesterday, we Zippered most of the carpets in all place we were doing, but the last one, they were HUGE time savers as the place was pretty open.

If we can just get out of this cold snap and get the phones ringing some more :biggrin: :clap:

2015-02-11%2015.29.14_zpsjdar5upq.jpg

2015-02-11%2014.52.25_zps3zqt0zd8.jpg

2015-02-11%2014.52.43_zpspib5pjrz.jpg

2015-02-11%2014.54.30_zpsjxnjokn7.jpg

2015-02-11%2016.09.17_zpsxvcm4pss.jpg

2015-02-11%2011.49.46_zpsrrdmufrk.jpg

2015-02-11%2015.49.02_zpss5ailuwg.jpg

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The weather is killing me this year. 34 inches of snow in one week and as I type it is -8F and only getting to 0 today.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Outside temp Mark?

It started out yesterday as -15 below zero....LOL....

Almost t shirt weather....but seriously, I went to my winter coat yesterday :)

and today....it is 10 above zero....

Break out the shorts :) :lol:

Good work again today and so thankful...

Going to take the weekend to work on my Mikefest presentation and some other things....

And should do something with my wife as it will be our 14th wedding anniversary and "she hasn't thrown me back yet"

I got to be a keeper.....well....she keeps trying to deal with me :)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Agree with Russ, your attitude is unmatched.

I get sooo mad about this stuff, something bad always happens in extreme cold/snow.
Drives me up a wall after working hard to book the work.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I get sooo mad about this stuff, something bad always happens in extreme cold/snow.

Yea, it's not easy... That's for sure. Plus - being cold just sucks!

Even as an working owner(without employees) it's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, when VERY expensive things break/fail. Couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be if it's someone else breaking my stuff.

I'd say having a tm you still owe money on fail/break/leak is the MOST annoying thing on earth! I'm pretty good at staying positive, sometimes thing just happen, not much you can do.

At this point in winter were just trying to tread water and keep as much of our great last year as possible(before the gov comes and takes it all away). Be happy you saved enough and can fix the "bad" things.! Didn't I read the other day you have a bunch of employees???

lol!

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yea, it's not easy... That's for sure. Plus - being cold just sucks!

Even as an working owner(without employees) it's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, when VERY expensive things break/fail. Couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be if it's someone else breaking my stuff.

I'd say having a tm you still owe money on fail/break/leak is the MOST annoying thing on earth! I'm pretty good at staying positive, sometimes thing just happen, not much you can do.

At this point in winter were just trying to tread water and keep as much of our great last year as possible(before the gov comes and takes it all away). Be happy you saved enough and can fix the "bad" things.! Didn't I read the other day you have a bunch of employees???

lol!

This one was on me :icon_redface:

The ball valve/nipple froze and when i threw it in hot water, made it worse.
Couldnt get it off for the life of me.

So just used a hammer and that opened it enough to spray down the floor.
Had a floor soaking in detergent.... not good.

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom