Thanks and Cimex

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
First, I would like to thank everyone at mikeysboard. I have been cleaning carpets here in Quebec City only for a short time now and this web site has been a valuable source of information, well worth the $5 a month.

Second, I have a chance to buy a second hand 8 year old 20" Cimex for $700. I know the Cimex is much loved by the people on this board. However, I would like to know how easy they are to fix and is 8 years old to old. I have included pictures
http://web2.slc.qc.ca/physics/Staff/Richard/Richard.htm
Please feel free to comment on the machine.

Thanks again for all the help.

Richard Gagne

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
As far as fixing them, I don't know, never had to. I do know that everyone seems to say they last nearly forever.

Seems like whenever someone has a problem Rick G at excellent-supply gets them pointed in the right direction.

I wouldn't worry a bit about the age of the machine unless you know the previous owner treats their stuff horribly.

John Watson

Hope you have verifiable proof that it is just 8 years old.

I sold a couple that looked exactly like that in 1981 and they were old then. Cimex did not do a lot of external changes through out the years.

Check with Ricky G, He has the history of the yellow beasts and probably can tell you what internal changes there was and what parts are still available.

Greenie

wow, that is an old dog!

My first question would be how much to recondition it, what if it needs a new motor, drive belt etc...in 30 days?

steve r

buy a new one.
i bought a 15 in pretty much like that one, nothing but problems.
a new motor for mine was over $500 when i checked but i had a local guy go through it for me.
you can get parts but i regret buying mine but i paid too much, oh well.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
I contacted Rick G at excellent-supply. That beast is over 30 years old and obsolete. Well I will keep looking.
Thanks again to all those that replied, this board has again shown its useful.
Richard Gagne

Back
Top Bottom