That's just the way carpet cleaning is...

JamesP

I am curious what are the biggest complaints from guys who are just getting into the industry about the work they do and the equipment they use?

I just did my fourth jobs this week with a 360i and a 3 stage CFX, and I prepped my vac hose to have my solution line and power line zipped tied to it so I would only have to kick one line around, I thought that it would save me some time and hassle (less tangle to move and quicker to pack up). It was easier until I went to clean the bull-nose and vertical with a hand tool. I didn't think to bring a jumper solution line for the hand tool and the vacuum cuffs didn't turn.

In my previous experiences working with guys on the production line it was the flagrant issues that people had been putting up with and new guys always complained about that would turn a production problem into a good running part. I would like to better understand the everyday situations that are encountered on the job, because wile a test I might run with gauges and a carpet I drug around the parking lot is a fine demo it isn't real life.

Again any help you can offer is much appreciated and thanks for your time.

Bob Foster

Welcome!
Lack of experience is your biggest challenge.
Unrealistic expectations of earnings would be another that is tied to the reality of how much competition there is.

Read through some of the threads by using the search button, hang out here and in a few months it will be the equivalent of a couple of years of experience. That is the most valuable thing you can do right now.

Although you might be misguided with the idea of tying your lines together it at least shows that you recognize the need for efficiency, especially because you are using a portable.

Tying the hoses together in the end will not be as efficient or as easy as separate lines UNLESS you intend on using a pump up or electric presprayer. In which case, the tied together hoses might work but the zap straps or velcro straps might also cause the hoses to catch on things and may cause them to kink when pulling them.

JamesP

Bob, I didn't explain my self there and am sorry for that. I am an engineer at Rotovac and not looking to get too into running my own carpet cleaning business other than the occasional side job.

I would like to know what you guys like about the things we make and what you don't.

Back
Top Bottom