That's salty

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here is a product I get from a local distributor friend of mine.

He gave me a sample once and I really liked it. We get a lot of salt residue like this around here.

It takes more than one treatment when it is hard as a rock, but we have got that stuff out with this.

This works great and I know Jondon sells some of the Betco products.

2013-11-16221821_zpse4f9c329.jpg

steve_64

if its hard as a rock i prespray with banes brown out, soak it real good and scrub with my pile lifter. then i extract and follow up with more brown out.

just the way i do it and works good for me.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
In a previous post John Olsen recommended a acidic urine treatment product, so these products seem to reinforce treating with an acidic solution.

I guess likes-dissolving-likes applies here.

Most info I see shows the ph of most ice melts to be either neutral or acid side.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Keeping it wet is a big thing.. Really doesn't matter what you use. If you are doing a commercial location spray it first and keep it wet, and it will rinse right out with your TM.
068.jpg

Last edited:
Name
PHILIP NICK
I use vinegar cheap smells bad but it works. I assume any highly acidic cleaner should help

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

C&S

Name
Scott
Prespray heavy with fab set dwell extract. Comes right out. Alkaline presprays will only make it harder to remove.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Use your Acid Rinse as a pre spray, Rinse w Acid Rinse : )

Clean the bad traffic lanes, rinse again.

Easy peasy!

Bill or someone sent an SFS email out not long ago about this.

Sent from the back seat of a Purple Caddy : )

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In a previous post John Olsen recommended a acidic urine treatment product, so these products seem to reinforce treating with an acidic solution.

I guess likes-dissolving-likes applies here.

Most info I see shows the ph of most ice melts to be either neutral or acid side.

Actually the opposite. The salt is alkaline, the acid will help dissolve the alkaline salt.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steam Way's 601 is the best I have seen for salt residue. CTI's UPT works really good too and it is OLSON not Olsen :p

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Im sure its been much worse : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Brush and vacuum to remove as much as possible while dry. Leaves less to wick back later.

Prespray on the acid side. I suggest either TCU Neutralizer or Fab-Set.

Flush with acid rinse solution. Keeping things on the acid side keeps the salt in solution. More water dilutes the salt content of the water in the carpet.

Lots of vacuum passes. Salt will be dissolved and dispersed throughout the solution. The more water you remove by extraction, the more salt that comes with it. Whatever water is left to dry by evaporation leaves its salt content on the surface.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom