The 405

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Enough about steam action. This machine is like the Chevy 350. I see it on e bay all the time.

So is the bruin and power vac a 405 too? They look the same.

This machine was sold as a dual wand machine. So who has tried it and how did it work?

How long do those Nissan motors last?
I had a Datsun b-210 and must of had over 300k on it. It had holes in the floor board, started it with a screwdriver. Bought it for $300 and it lasted me over 50k miles. Never bought a part for it. Drive it off a mountain they pulled me off the mountain and I drove off. Old Datsun cars could take a beating.

Is it Vince that has the 405 that could be put in the Smithsonian.

J

JS41035

The 405 was one of the best TMs ever built IMO. The Nissan will last for forever. If they had stainless frames and if the radiators never went out, 90% of them would still be chuggin along.

J

JS41035

Enough about steam action. This machine is like the Chevy 350. I see it on e bay all the time.

So is the bruin and power vac a 405 too? They look the same.

This machine was sold as a dual wand machine. So who has tried it and how did it work?

How long do those Nissan motors last?
I had a Datsun b-210 and must of had over 300k on it. It had holes in the floor board, started it with a screwdriver. Bought it for $300 and it lasted me over 50k miles. Never bought a part for it. Drive it off a mountain they pulled me off the mountain and I drove off. Old Datsun cars could take a beating.

Is it Vince that has the 405 that could be put in the Smithsonian.
Man did I hear a lot about Datsuns growing up.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Most 405s you will find will need a frame off restoration as cancer has either started it or has completely taken over the base of the unit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We still have 5- of them running in our fleet. Not a true dual wand machine. You can do it but you have to have both tools sealed or one will lose vacuum.

Nissans will run for as long as parts are available.

J

JS41035

Just a great single wand unit. Lots of heat. Simply to work on. Move the bypass solenoid and the bypass manifold to the front of the machine. Ditch the blower heat exchangers. Add a engine temp gauge and tach. Clean for years.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have 2 9800 hours on my back up second truck ran 3 or 4 days all summer and another 4600 hours runs 6 days a week. You can use a quad jet 6 flow and clean upholstery at the same time keep the hose runs as short as possible.

Reactions: JS41035

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wonder Justin I heard you and your dad pulled the vacuum heat exchangers how much vacuum to you gain????

J

JS41035

Well. Depends on if they are clogged or not. I think Prochem did a great job on the design of the vac heat exchanger. But with 6 flow I don't think it's needed. IMO a lot of water just ends up being bypassed.
If you've never taken the vac heat exchangers out, it's amazing how much junk can get past the tank filters.
So if the heater cores (that's what they are ) are completely clean, you won't notice much difference. My machine still pegs to 230 without them.

Reactions: SamIam

Lars

Name
Lars
405 is a great machine. My has 8,000 hrs on it and is out working 6 days a week. Great heat. If you can get one for a good price go for it

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom