the amazing steamon demon

Bjorn

have to say this thing moves a ton of water flushes great not bad for a 38 pound little beast

I think the little classic is more popular

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I learned a lot about residues left behind by hot water extraction from that machine. There was a local business that I used to clean for training purposes for a few years. It was always hot water extracted, and I had used a variety of presprays, detergents, and rinses each time depending on what I wanted to experiment with or the customer intended to use in the business.

Then came the day John Downey brought the Steamin Demon for me to try out. When I rinsed that carpet (no prespray, just clear water) the amount of detergent that we pumped out shocked and embarrassed me.

The way I approach what I apply, and how much I apply, as well as how thoroughly I "rinse" changed after that.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I remember being at John Downey's Cleanfax office in 1994 and he asked me to go upstairs to see his brothers machine. I looked at it and said well it's kind of ugly and has a lot of cords and hoses. I can't see people liking that in their house with all the hoses. But it went on to become one of Shaw Industries favorite machines.

I didn't think Bob Wittkamp would ever let go of his classic RX20 but at the end of his career he thought the SD was the greatest tool ever.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
It is definetely a high-flow flusher, but I don't think it would be a production machine for a carpet cleaner who does 3-6 jobs a day, setting up, tearing down, manuevering around and under furniture where the wand willl fit, etc.

We do have a variety of tools that we can choose from, and that's a good thing.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Bjorn

it not the tool du jour and we don't have any real popular shills using it and they don't pay any Vig

I'm just saying this machine has it merits it's only 38 pounds

this one is for sale only 1400 dollars

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I solved more than a few residue problems for commercial customers with that machine. With a scrubber or "crb" its a good total cleaning system as well.

As long as there is a water source and discharge area, it will beat using a conventional portable, especially if the previous cleaner left a ton of residue in the carpet.

Reactions: Bjorn
Name
Lee Stockwell
I had two similar, externally identical machine in the late 70's, predating Downey's version.

They were promoted as carpet dyeing machines then, but didn't work very well.

As with many innovations in this industry, sometimes the "original" developer doesn't hit a home run, but gets to 1st base. Subsequently others fill in some blanks and move the idea forward...but for a different use.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've often thought about using one on rugs, but a garden hose works pretty good too

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
image.jpg

Did someone say hi Flow no residue?

Never fear Dwell Pro's here! Shill Proof...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I solved more than a few residue problems for commercial customers with that machine. With a scrubber or "crb" its a good total cleaning system as well.

As long as there is a water source and discharge area, it will beat using a conventional portable, especially if the previous cleaner left a ton of residue in the carpet.
I agree, but the inside water sources for these are drying up. A lot of today's kitchen and bathroom faucets will not connect to our equipment.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
WTF! I might as well get rid of my gas stove and start cooking with wood. Couldn't imagine lugging that around and into houses. It would look good in JP's future CC machine museum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom