The award for BEST wand goes to ?

randy

Name
Randy
Hello everyone, For the first time in many, many years I need to buy new wands. The last time I purchased wands, GLIDES DIDN'T even exist (well except for the flat black plastic ones from PMF, yep a NON-Teflon wand was the original ). Looking at the Evolution from "US Products" but now that they are manufactured in MEXICO seems hard to write that check. So what say you WAND connoisseurs, what should I buy ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hello everyone, For the first time in many, many years I need to buy new wands. The last time I purchased wands, GLIDES DIDN'T even exist (well except for the flat black plastic ones from PMF, yep a NON-Teflon wand was the original ). Looking at the Evolution from "US Products" but now that they are manufactured in MEXICO seems hard to write that check. So what say you WAND connoisseurs, what should I buy ?

for a porty or TM, Randy?

Ti for TM
AW29 for porty

And if you're going to run low PSI on the TM (300 psi and less) the AW29 there too

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ive compared my Joe Bilt VT14 next to a Prochem Ti... PC Ti didnt clean as well, left the carpet too wet. VT14 Sounded like it had much more air flowing through the glide...

Both had Hybrid glide, both set to 15 Flow, VT14 has variable sheer, and is more than 50% less.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the Greenhorn, Prochem Ti and a Joe's imitation greenhorn wand.

• The green horn cleans very well, built well- Heavy though.
  • The Joe's wand cleans well though the variable shear is connected to the wand very flimsily, it bends out of shape. Just cheaply done. The idea of the movable shear sounds good, the execution unfortunately is not. I hardly ever use it.
  • The Ti is a great wand. Cleans well, built well. Very light and has the lowest profile, so it can get under the lowest furniture. One thing I had an issue with was that it developed a crack where the trigger valve is connected to the tube. They have a new fitting for it, though to pay more $$ at that price feels like an insult.

The Ti wand is the one that always comes out of the van.

Not sure why Larry makes a point about using a different wand for a portable. I understand the principle of using a smaller wand in order to increase suction. However, I use the Ti wand 14" on all my portable jobs (Mytee 2x 3 stage vacuum, usually 50, sometime 75 feet length of 2" hose) without a single problem. Works great.

P.S. For durability and reliability, nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to the HydraHoe.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Randy,

I don't think any of us will recommend that plastic us product junk.

I like using the greenhorn. I have an extended length (7 inch longer tube) 14 inch head.

It is heavier only a bit than the ti.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Prochem is mAde by PMF right here in the USA. The VT is a cheap Vietnam knock off. I don't carry them no matter what the profit margin the offer. Randy I'm headed to Vegas but I posted that I have two more then I normally carry so you can get sweet deal on a couple of them if they haven't sold by the time I get back

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I
Not sure why Larry makes a point about using a different wand for a portable..

cause think it's crazy to blow more than 300-350psi with a porty
and at that psi, an unglided AW29 cleans better than a Ti.
Ti doesn't doesn't start to shine til 450+

..from my expUrience

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The Joe titanium is a great wand. Especially forcthe price it can't be beat. What I like is that the shaft can b cut to your perfect height.

Mikey P

Administrator

Oh...its a Tony wand?

No thanks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
cause think it's crazy to blow more than 300-350psi with a porty
and at that psi, an unglided AW29 cleans better than a Ti.
Ti doesn't doesn't start to shine til 450+..from my expUrience
..L.T.A.

I don't doubt your experience Larry, just that the TI with a glide has been shining just fine for me, at about 350 psi on a portable.
And as Pink Floyd (and who am I to complain) said: "Shine on you crazy diamond."

Reactions: Dolly Llama

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I love my Prochem ti wand's they flush great.

I put a sheer kit on my PC quad wand and it got great dry times but didn't remove soil as well.

after I got it to 12 flow it flushed decent. If I'm gonna flow that much water I prefer my Ti couple extra dry passes and some fans and your set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have an older prochem ti that's been modified to four jets.

When I got It, I also ditched my whip hose and went 2" to the wand. First job I tried it on(couldn't wait) the dam this wouldn't move, sweating after half a room, was so pissed! Stopped using it til I got a glide.

If your getting a 2" wand and not a giraffe or you have normal sized hands, your wrist is going to take a beating.

Lars

Name
Lars
I agree, we are still crushing it old school style with the PC Quad jets with glides... All our guys feel more comfortable working with it than the PC 6 jet Ti..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom