The best air purifier for my asthmatic grandmother

A

amazingcleansc

My grandmother has 2 dogs and respiratory problems. she's pushing 85 and is sharp as a tack, but I want to make the air quality in her house the best that it can possibly be.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Depends, if she smokes or does not............. I have 2 orecks, The filters are finacky ... But something that has replaceable Hepa filters. I owuld recommend getting her air ducts cleaned as well. Possibly putting one of those Uv type lights in the air handler as well

John Buxton

Believe it or not Amway makes a good hepa room filter for her bedroom

That and a whole house hepa on her furnace would be killer

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd pass on the UV light in the hvac system. In theory it sounds good but in reality it's not what is advertised. Air passes by too fast for the light to do any real good,dust accumulates and it becomes ineffective. Good in the lab, but not quite the same I'm the field

A

amazingcleansc

Doc Holliday said:
I'd pass on the UV light in the hvac system. In theory it sounds good but in reality it's not what is advertised. Air passes by too fast for the light to do any real good,dust accumulates and it becomes ineffective. Good in the lab, but not quite the same I'm the field

I heard that they are only effective in a particular temperature window. i HEARD. HEARD.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Austin Air makes good ones.

IQ Air is top of the line. Doctors recommend them but they cost $500-$1000 and have expensive filters.

A

amazingcleansc

jstucky said:
Austin Air makes good ones.

IQ Air is top of the line. Doctors recommend them but they cost $500-$1000 and have expensive filters.

the iq air ones are 6 hepa filters stacked on top of one another, do they do anything else?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom