The BEST calcium remover Period! and safe for natural stone. Tony Nevilles before/after pics

John Olson

Name
John Olson
http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/product-p/aac24.htm
Ultimate Cal Clean- New AC Technology provides a safe, non-toxic, acid free cleaner that safely removes hard water spots, calcium build up and efflorescence from glass shower doors, sinks, faucets, pool tile, grout, cement block and natural stone.

these are Tony's before and after pictures of a pool he threw everything at and once he tried the cal clean...well the pictures tell everything you need to know.

IMG_1662.jpeg
IMG_2028.jpeg

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Looks good will have to give it a try, I have not found anything that works great.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That's after using the cal clean? If so it would have gone away once you sealed it and applied cal block. The higher the calcium content the more that will happen. Mike with DwellPro can share his pictures of a marble shower. Yeah marble..that turned completely white when he was testing cal clean. He was supposed to test a small area, which he did, the sink. When the sink came out great he just sprayed the whole shower. the damn thing turned nearly completely white. Scared the shit out of both of us. Made a bunch of calls and then had him apply the sealer and then cal block and BOOM amazing. You should have called me when you used it

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
white foaming is usually reaction of acid and calcium...

looks like the whole shower was etched and then enhanced.

So I would put a drop on a piece of marble/limestone or trav before you claim non acid

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Okay fine, as with Every chemical you should test it first, but this was awesome to see clean! To be fair this was the first time in 10 plus years cleaning tile that we had this calcium problem. Cal clean was a magic bullet for us. It is not needed for every job, but it worked well here

Tony

John Olson

Name
John Olson
white foaming is usually reaction of acid and calcium...

looks like the whole shower was etched and then enhanced.

So I would put a drop on a piece of marble/limestone or trav before you claim non acid

Calling Advanced to get there info as the MSDS doesn't answer what I thought as it is proprietary

Last edited:

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Plan on re-polishing that shower, the enhancer is going to wear off soon & the acid damage needs to be properly FIXED.

A retiling might me cheaper & easier sadly.

Hit the weight room to bulk up your shoulder & arm muscles, they will take a beating after a week of polishing shower walls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim is wrong it did not ETCH the marble. it pulled calcium to the surface (efflorescence) but it did not etch or damage the tile. As for the answer as to the concentrated ph 2 on the MSDS sheet and the claim of being an acid free calcium remover waiting to hear back from the manufacturer. I was out of the office yesterday. Mike with dwell pro will can tell you there has been no ill effect long term as that shower was done a year ago and it is his regular client and that is a hotel shower so heavy use. Mike I sent your picture in as well will see what they have to say about that but I'm sure of you sealed then cal blocked that sink it would have been amazing

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I rather be wrong assessing a situation over the internet then using that product on clients stone, its a "stay away" product for me, the shower pictures & story don't add up & not worth the risk.

I hope those involved make a ton of money.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Jim is wrong it did not ETCH the marble. it pulled calcium to the surface (efflorescence) but it did not etch or damage the tile.

That statement makes no sense at all.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
John, I'm wondering about the same thing... If it's calcium coming to the surface or as you say efflorescence, how is that not damage to the surface? The surface is or was supposed to be very smooth so the light reflects. If that is efflorescence then the surface has to be somewhat damaged. Am I wrong?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If the product really is migrating calcium to the surface it might explain Mike's experience with concrete (contains calcium hydroxide and sometimes calcium chloride).

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Here is the answer from my sales rep. I asked him for a better clarification from the chemical engineers that explains it better as under ph7 is acidic.

"John, Cal Clean is non acidic and the only reason it's a pH2 is because it attacks calcium only. As you know Mike in Aspen thought Cal Clean had etched the marble and it didn't.

We think that since "concrete" has so much calcium in it to begin with that the customer is seeing and feeling the remains of calcium on top. I do have to say that the directions say that a small test area should be done first.

Our recommendation is to clean off the counter top with Floor & More and when the calcium has been removed use either our Enhancer or Stone sealer.

Any questions please call me at 330-554-5999.
Thanks,

Larry O'Toole
www.2getadvanced.com

Reactions: dgardner

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
John, are you comfortable selling this product at this point?

Would you place this in the stone problem solving section of your store (if you have one)?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes I've been selling and using it for two years. Mike with dwell pro a year before I even started offering it in the store.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I think a 30 second video would ease a lot of minds

Get a couple pieces of polished marble, not granite, darker preferable, shoot video of product being applied on sample marble pieces(reaction) and then wiping off and viewing any change(color loss, loss of polish)

do that I may be inclined to buy some to test. We do a ton of stone showers

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok talked with Justin at advanced. Cal Clean is NOT and acid. It is Acidic but just as a lemon is not acid nor is coke and acid they are all acidic. What happened on the marble shower and to the concrete was in effect the calcium being brought to the surface. The calcium should cone off with a neutral cleaning solution Like their floor an more (amazing product neutral degreaser) Then sealed with either a stone sealer or enhance and seal. If the marble was etched no amount of sealer would hide etching. Isn't possible as etching is damage to the surface and it would enhance that damage NOT hide it.

This product is hands down the best calcium remover I have ever seen. You can see the pictures and either try it yourself or not and I am ok with that but if you have more questions or want to tray it give me a shout. And if you do use it you should get the cal block and stone enhance sealer to really wow your customer.

The cal block has been on our outside windows since the middle of the summer. We have close to the hardest water in Utah where we moved to. Our windows turn nearly white in a month from the sprinklers (high wind area as well) and with cal block on them the last half of summer/fall I didn't have to go out and clean them cal clean. Cal Block works on most any surface you want to protect

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom