The Best encapsulate

Im finally out of spin vac I ordered a boatload 2 years ago and Im close to being out.....so whats the best out there? Im sure things have changed.

I am finding that the prices are just a joke for the Shampoo. When looking at them they NEVER go as far as claimed and the prices are so hard to compare since the dilution rates are all over the place.

I have used 4 or 5 brands and can't tell any difference in performance just price.

Chris

P.S. this has been a problem before gas went up........................

Chris Muetterties said:
I am finding that the prices are just a joke for the Shampoo. When looking at them they NEVER go as far as claimed and the prices are so hard to compare since the dilution rates are all over the place.

I have used 4 or 5 brands and can't tell any difference in performance just price.

Chris

P.S. this has been a problem before gas went up........................

So some things havent changed since I left...lol

Fred Homan

You are right.....Prices and dilutions are all over the place. A thick gel which I would think would be highly concentrated, others thinner yet highly concentrated?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Curtis:

I've used just about every one on the market over the years and would be hard pressed to come up with ONE that is THE top performer. I'd be satisfied with several. In fact, chances are, my local distributor (if I had one) would have an encapsulant that would satisfy me.

In the end, for me, my purchasing decision came down to BB politics. I buy from Steve Smith at VacAway. He's low key on the boards, very nice in person and has a very good product in Hot Knife. Another reason I buy from Steve is because I want to reward him for spending the time to develop his line of true encapsulating spotter products. His rust remover, grease and gum removers plus his encapsulating red remover are all great products and are the only encapsulating spotters in the industry, as far as I know.

Plus his daughter is very nice over the phone, and nice women in the vlm world are hard to come by.

Walt

Ditto about Vac Away. Spotters are great. Hot Knife stinks, but so does Release it. Stay away from encapulclean from BP. It's terrible.

admiralclean said:
Curtis:

I've used just about every one on the market over the years and would be hard pressed to come up with ONE that is THE top performer. I'd be satisfied with several. In fact, chances are, my local distributor (if I had one) would have an encapsulant that would satisfy me.

In the end, for me, my purchasing decision came down to BB politics. I buy from Steve Smith at VacAway. He's low key on the boards, very nice in person and has a very good product in Hot Knife. Another reason I buy from Steve is because I want to reward him for spending the time to develop his line of true encapsulating spotter products. His rust remover, grease and gum removers plus his encapsulating red remover are all great products and are the only encapsulating spotters in the industry, as far as I know.

Plus his daughter is very nice over the phone, and nice women in the vlm world are hard to come by.

Just ordered a sample pack From Steve......thanks.

Greenie

C Pennington said:
Im finally out of spin vac I ordered a boatload 2 years ago and Im close to being out.....so whats the best out there? Im sure things have changed.

I'd order from Steve too but looking at your comment I'm wonderin' if SpinVac served well, why not get some more?

Greenie said:
C Pennington said:

I'd order from Steve too but looking at your comment I'm wonderin' if SpinVac served well, why not get some more?

It did serve well just wondering if there was something as good or better...or price etc. been gone for a while just checking up on the encap heads.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Curtis;

What type of work do you use the "Encap" for ??

What types of stains do you spend time on ??

There have been many improvments in Encap cleaners in the last year.

We have added a Stainresist additive to our Encap for resistance to coffee stains in the commercial environment.

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

A film-former is the only type of Encap that can surround the fiber,

keeping soil from attaching to the fiber.

Larry

P. S. DuPont rep says that now there is Resistec IV 8)

randy

Name
Randy
I have tested around 30 different encap cleaners and DSC Spin vac is still our juice of juice, very hard to beat. If you are getting into places that it will not "handle" try Onxy's enzyme prespray (designed for encap cleaners). Normally on really trashed places we will pretreat with the onxy juice, run over it quickly without releasing any encap juice, allow 10 minute dwell time and then encap it. You will get results very close to what HWE will get you on a trashed carpet.

If it's so trashed that this method will take too long (anymore than 20% longer than a straight encap) than HWE it.

Bridgepoints encap juices (all three of them) totally suck, Jon Don's Matrix a little bit better but even with their $59 a case sale it's NOT WORTH IT. Clausions is in the same category, horrible.

Cobb's juice, Vacaway, DSC , Harvards Bonedry , Core's encap and Release it are tops with respect to cleaning results. I seldom use release it unless I'm out of product and need something fast from a local distributor, due to the odor and possible health ramifications. I never spray it, only run it through the Cimex. Aerosoling a known upper respiratory irritant around people whose medical history you don't know is irresponsible. Although I like Tea tree oil (use a Paul Mitchell hair shampoo that contains it ) it is a known upper respiratory irritant for some people and I got lots of comments /complaints about the smell / watery eyes etc. That kind of thing scares people and has to concern the cleaner. Recently a cleaner using release it & odorcide had a customer get hauled off to the emergency room for a four day stay, an hour after the cleaning. Apparently she had a serious life threatening allergic reaction that caused her throat to swell. I just can't take chances since we do retirement centers, military bases, churches and lots of offices with the encap method. If an allergist at the ER is consulted and it's proven that you brought a known allergent into the building get ready to pay out a settlement. Even if you are a one man band, carry insurance. One occurrence like that could turn your lights out for good. Over 100,000 people die every year due to allergic reactions so it's a serious concern. If a product is making you cough what is your body telling you.

Next I'm testing Snake oil & Chemeisters juice as I have heard lots of good things about them. I have a 15,000 square foot encap job coming up and plan to shoot a few pictures. If I can figure out how to post them :? I'll give you guys a peak at what is possible on a trashed place with encap.

randy

Name
Randy
For those looking for the encap pre spray it is available at http://www.onyxsolutions.com and is called Envirozyme. It is a great deodorizer, sanitizer and pet urine treatment all in one. You just mist the carpet with it. No need to soak it, as it's very potent. Where it is a pain to HWE really trashed carpets I use it for a bit more "bite" prior to encap cleaning. For doing Condo/ apartments I will literally take everything up in one trip with a cart from magna cart. The Whittaker /brush n clean style counter rotating brush sits on the cart and the 3 gallon pump up sprayer is strapped down to the handles with a bungee cord. A few spray bottles spotters are tucked in under the straps and your off & running.

This type of sit up comes in real handy when I have to park two blocks away from some DC condo complex with a horrible parking situation. The guys using traditional portables will not touch those jobs and we do a bunch of them at $75 per room with a 3 room minimum. Regularly we clean 2 rooms in a apartment that is mostly hardwood or tile and collect $225. A few weeks ago I did a Penthouse a few blocks from the White house that rents out for $7,000 a month. It was a move out and the customer didn't bat an eye when I told them it would be $550 to clean the carpets as they had already made a few calls and repeatedly heard, we don't do anything above the ground floor. I never even met them but the check was on the fridge and the key was under the mat. I was done in less than an hour & twenty minutes.

That's why I love this juice. Sometimes you just can't HWE profitably or with it being convenient for the tech. Occasionally when the unit has Berber carpet I will just fill up the Cimex with encap concentrate ,wheel it in and fill the tank from the kitchen sink with a small 3' section of vac hose. Works like a charm. With the Cimex I'm thanking God for elevators the whole way to the unit.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Randy;

It looks like you have evaluated a lot of "Encap" cleaners over time.

Thanks for rating our DC Encapsulate as a top cleaner.

Have you noticed any differences in resoiling rates among the top cleaners ?

How do you compare a good dual-cylindrical brush to the Cimex ?

Larry

randy

Name
Randy
Larry Cobb said:
Hi Randy;

It looks like you have evaluated a lot of "Encap" cleaners over time.

Thanks for rating our DC Encapsulate as a top cleaner.

Have you noticed any differences in re-soiling rates among the top cleaners ?

How do you compare a good dual-cylindrical brush to the Cimex ?

Larry

Hi Larry ,Your product DC Encapsulate actually solved a serious issue on one of our major contracts. Several other products were tried, but only yours worked in that situation. The cost is reasonable, it works & CRYSTALIZES very well. That makes it a winner in my book. Lot's of manufacturers of encap products are attempting to convince cleaners that their product can dry to a rock solid, unbreakable polymer composite and still vacuum out of the carpet. I find that laughable.

Re soiling rates of the top encap products seem to be very similar in that re soiling just isn't a problem. With some of the products that I would rate poor, it can be a horriable issue. One product resoiled quickly (in a few weeks) and was very difficult to re-clean. We had to HWE it with the steamin demon making multiple passes to get it back to manageable.

We have had the Host CRB, the Invironclean unit (the old blue one from Masterblend) , the unit from Orbatech, Whittikers, Brush n clean & the Cimex. The most durriable of the CRB's would be the Orbitech, a solid well built unit but very heavy for residential work. Over all I prefer the Brush n clean unit for residential work.

The Cimex is hard to beat on commercial and I greatly prefer it to all CRB units when it is used with a decent fiber pad in that environment. If I were you, it would have a place in my showroom.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Dynachem doesn't crystalize. it is a film-former.

unless Larry changed the chemistry.

thanks for the info on Envirozyme Randy!

currently i am using Punch, Dynachem Encapsulate Pro & Snake Oil...all depending on the situation. the 1st two have made us alotta $ & happy clients. the Snake Oil is too new to tell. so far i like the end results, and use it for it's deodorizing properties. sounds similar to Envirozyme....maybe it is re-labeled Snake Oil ???

:mrgreen:

randy

Name
Randy
Derek said:
Dynachem doesn't crystalize. it is a film-former.

unless Larry changed the chemistry.

thanks for the info on Envirozyme Randy!

currently i am using Punch, Dynachem Encapsulate Pro & Snake Oil...all depending on the situation. the 1st two have made us alotta $ & happy clients. the Snake Oil is too new to tell. so far i like the end results, and use it for it's deodorizing properties. sounds similar to Envirozyme....maybe it is re-labeled Snake Oil ???

:mrgreen:

Many "film-formers" crystallize, including Cobb's juice. Dry it down and you will see it crystallizes very well. I think you will find the whole film former v encapsulant verbiage mostly semantics.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i dont & wont test stuff in that way. if you are right, wow i did not know that! :shock:

but really doesn't mean anything i reckon...it cleans, it stays clean, i get paid. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

good thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom